Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Fives:

This is hosted by "Just Me and My Life". I love her random ideas, and with this week being 4th of July, she has the perfect theme! Today's Friday Five is Five of your Favorite July 4th Memories, Recipies, Traditions, Plans...

1.) Obviously, our wedding took place on Saturday, July 1, 2006, which was 4th of July weekend that year. This holiday has always been a huge part of Mr. Man and I's relationship because he has always knew was going to join the military. With that said, he use to participate and represent the Air Force from the day he committed to joining. This was back when he was a Junior in high school. Since there was not a local base, his recruiter always offered it to him and we LOVED it because we went anyway. This was a nice "entrance" into the Air Force! I wish I had pictures to share, but I don't. *Sad Face* This little history of our relationship is exactly why I chose the date that I did! See this post for the wedding pictures.

2.) July is so hot! So one of my favorite things to do when it is hot is eat....
(Picture courtesy of iStockPhoto.)

3.) Another fun factor of the 4th of July is the BBQ's and the family time. Even being so far from home, we still have a family environment, close friends, and still BBQ.

4.) Another fun family activity is the carnivals!! They always have fireworks to end the night on the 4th!

5.) And obviously the true meaning of the 4th of July! The fact that it is our Independence Day. And I am in the not-so-perfect place to celebrate... Or am I? Surprisingly the carnival here on one of the smaller bases opens up to the public, including the English. And they celebrate with us!
Also--


This is the first edition of Playdates Friday Follow Blog Hop. It is hosted by Stash Mama! Go check out her blog and join in on the fun!

I love finding new blogs! And I, of course, love my followers!


Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
Have some questions for me? Go ask them here!

Happy 4th of July to everyone! Have a fun and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!