Wednesday, July 7, 2010

50 Adjectives: Honest

50 Adjectives to describe me and my life.

As I go through the weeks, I find more and more things that are positively impacting me and my life. Sometimes I feel that these things are negative things that are trying to wear me down, so I began to think long and hard about it. Majority of the time, I realize that it is actually positively impacting me. It's little life lessons that I begin to see as life lessons and see how much I am learning and taking away from them. It's when I realize that I am truly blessed and honored to be who I am and experiencing the things that I have. Even though they do not always seem to go 'as I planned', they are still there and in the right time, right moment. Almost like it is falling into place on it's own. Actually, that is exactly what it does. God watches over me and I know this. He takes care of me, he knows what my future holds, so he molds my present to fit the future experiences. 

This week I am going to discuss honesty. 

Honest (on-ist)
–adjective
1. honorable in principles, intentions, and actions; upright and fair: an honest person.
2. showing uprightness and fairness: honest dealings.
3. gained or obtained fairly: honest wealth.
4. sincere; frank: an honest face.
5. genuine or unadulterated: honest commodities.
6. respectable; having a good reputation: an honest name.
7. truthful or creditable: honest weights.
8. humble, plain, or unadorned.
9. Archaic . chaste; virtuous.
 
I am a very honest person. Only to a degree, though. I will tell you what I think if you are a positive and open-minded person.  For example, if someone was to ask me if the shirt looked good on them, chances are I would be honest with them unless they get easily offended. In other areas, such as speaking my mind on everyday things, I am honest. I am not into politics or discussing the war, but if you ask, I will answer. I believe if you ask me something, then you are opening yourself to my beliefs, which you should respect me just as I would respect you.

Honesty for me is really easy and simple. You tell the truth. You do it nicely. If someone disagrees, I respect them. 

However, there are some areas I could work on. For example, I am not honest to someone that hurts my feelings about something that I know should not hurt my feelings. I am talking about incidences like what happened with my sister. (Missed that story? Read it here.) I was upset, obviously. At first I did not tell her why, but later on I did. Because I knew it would pass. I knew it was not something that I should let get to me, but it was one of those things that did. The thing for me is that if I was honest with her in the first place, then chances are I would not have worried her near as much. In the beginning, she had no clue of why I reacted the way I did, so it caused her to worry and wonder. 
 
Now, do not mistake this with people doing immature things and upsetting me. I am definitely not talking about 'Mrs. Blank said this about me and it hurt my feelings' type stuff. I'm talking about life situations that disappoint me. 

I would like to think that people are honest with me. I have had a few occasions where people did not feel I was approachable enough to talk to when I said or did something that offended them or upset them. I try to be an open person and show that I do care and will try and change if it is something that needs to be changed. But the only way for that to happen is if they bring it to my attention. I am a very open-minded person. I listen to people. I care about people. Therefore, if someone tells me that I said or did something to hurt them, I will fix it. 

I believe that being honest will get you somewhere in life, farther in life. Mostly because you will be respected for being honest and you will have a great foundation since you are honest with yourself. Sometimes I feel I may be a little too honest with myself, but in the end, it makes me stronger, more motivated, and self determined to push farther and do more in life. 

Then there are the moments where you just should not be 'too honest' with the world. Like when you hear that someone you know's husband is cheating on her or her husband is going to deploy when she is due, etc. My rule of thumb for that one is their personality. If they ask you if you know anything, tell them unless they are psychotic and will call their husband's supervisors and chew them out. (That has not happened to me personally, just for the reference!)

How do you feel about honesty? Do you think it is an important quality to have?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here! You could be the lucky one to win a £50 (or $50) gift voucher to any CSN Store of your choice!

Did this post strike a question that you would like to ask me? Go here and submit your questions for me to answer! I need at least 50 questions to make a blog post from it!

1 comment:

  1. Honesty has gotta be one of the biggest most important attributes to me. Love all these posts!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!