Monday, August 23, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday


Top 2 Biggest Indulgences!

1. Shopping in General. Primark gets a lot of my money. I mostly buy clothes, purses, and shoes. It's an addiction.



2. Makeup. 



Sorry for not being around much. I am alive and well. There is so much going on right now. One that I would like to share with you all in hopes that the family can get some prayers and kind thoughts.

My Pop, my Dad's Dad, passed away on Saturday night. He was 75 years old. He was in the hospital for a month. He went in because he had pneumonia. Then they found an infection in his lungs. They thought they knew what it was and began giving him antibiotics for it, but the antibiotics was not working. He was doing very well. He began talking, walking, and eating again, but the doctors told him a few days before he passed that nothing was working and he would probably have to get put on a ventilator and stay in the hospital until they found out what was wrong or find something to help him. He was completely conscious and aware of everything. When that happened, he decided that if he was meant to go, then that was his calling. He wrote a letter to my Memaw (his wife) and my Dad. They are the ones that stayed up at the hospital night and day with him. He basically told them that he was tired of fighting and did not want to suffer, so he felt that this was the end. He told them that he knew he was going to heaven and he would see them in heaven. It was a really sweet letter and a great way to say goodbye. The family immediately accepted it, and two days later, he passed away in his sleep, the way he wanted.

He lived an active and fulfilling life. He was still working full time offshore for an oil company and hunting and fishing nonstop on his days off. He had just recently rented out a camp at Toledo Bend and bought a pontoon boat. Him, my brother, and my Dad had been spending countless weekends and hours out there fixing it up and making it a home away from home. As you can see, this was very unexpected.

He left behind his wife, my wonderful Memaw, and his 5 children along with 8 grandchildren and two great grandchildren that are both still unborn. Everyone was able to be there by his side except for me, but I did get to talk to him before and tell him a little about my life and what was going on with me. Things that I have yet to share with the family. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but he was in great spirit and it was the best I could do. And I know he understood. He accepted and apologized to me for the decision he made and told me he wished he could see me one more time, but I told him that he will be with me everyday of my life from now until forever, so he had nothing to worry about. And I was well aware of that. He laughed, he cried, we hung up. I would never regret that moment in life. I would never regret a thing I told him. I was glad he was here to share that little moment with me, and nothing will ever take that away.

His funeral will be tomorrow, so if you all could please say a prayer for the family and friends that are involved in this I would greatly appreciate it. Our family is a very close family, so we definitely need it. Thank you in advance.

As far as Mr. Man, he is still in California. He still has 2 weeks there before coming home. We hardly get to talk because of the time difference, but we are making it work the best we can. The little terd got to meet my MMA boyfriend, shake his hand, and talk to him. MMA is Mixed Martial Arts for those of you who do not know.  I seriously told him he better not wash his body until he gets home. I was seriously so jealous! Way passed jealous to be honest. Mr. Man felt horrible because it was an accident. They happened to be walking the halls during the fight. Mr. Man had to use the bathroom and Urijah Faber just got done introducing the match that had started. I asked if he took pictures. Nope he forgot the camera. I asked if he got an autograph or something for me. Nope because he was not prepared.  WTHeck?! Mr. Man is good for nothing. Now, I have to live the rest of my life knowing that MY husband met MY MMA boyfriend and I never will... Sad face! Hahaha! Totally kidding. But I will admit, I was pretty bummed about it.
BIG, BIG SMILE!! But he is such a little cutie when he fights. I feel like it is more of a high school crush than a celebrity crush because he kind of looks like a little kid in my opinion, but hey that doesn't the fact that I stalk his MMA fights like crazy! I asked Mr. Man if he still had his shaggy hair because he debated chopping it off. Well, he does. I love his shaggy hair! I love his facial hair!

And Mr. Man if you are reading this, I do still love you more! Promise! :o)

5 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Will say a little prayer for you :)

    Great picks for Top 2 Tuesday. I love shopping as well. I've never heard of that store though, must be just in your area.

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your loss. It sounded like such a blessing that all your family got to be with him...I'm sure it was hard for you to be across the ocean. Saying a little prayer for you this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about this doll. I'm praying for you and your family's comfort. I hope you're feeling good :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, love shopping too! Sorry about your Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awhh I'm sorry about your Pop!!

    Primark is a good store :) I miss being in the UK!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!