Monday, August 9, 2010

So Much Going On

I have not really been blogging much. Things have been so busy around here. This week is finals, so a lot of my time is taken up by that. Mr. Man was put on the exercise last minute, so he is working nights this week again. He leaves on Saturday for his TDY. Poor guy is going to be exhausted.

Instead of working 6pm to 6am, he is working 8pm to 8am. I have no complaints about that, but this morning I woke up at 11:30am (on his schedule) to no husband. I freaked out a little. I just thought he may have feel asleep downstairs. I went downstairs, and there was still no Mr. Man. I went back upstairs and just thought I overlooked him in the bed. Of course, I was wrong. I called his work and got the busy signal about 5 times before it finally rang. The new guy answered. I asked if Mr. Man was there and he said, "Ugh, I think he's on the flight line." Mr. Man does not work on the flight line. I just said, "Ok, but he is at work, right?" The new guy replied, "Yea, yea, he's hear." About 2 seconds after I hung up the phone, Mr. Man walked through the door. I told him the story, and his reaction -- "Are you serious? Wow, the new guy got me confused with (another name similar to Mr. Man's)." Interesting, really interesting.

On Friday, he will get off at midnight. On Saturday, he has to meet the shuttle to the airport at 3:45am. When is he suppose to sleep? Seriously, I feel sorry for his schedule. But he has no complaints. He is still bubbly and happy like he is getting all the sleep in the world. If I do not get 9-10 hours of sleep a night, I can not function. Kudos to Mr. Man for that.

This week I have been sick. It started with my ears a couple of weeks ago. I had a slight throbbing pain. It itched. It went to the other ear, too. When wind or air entered it, it hurt. I finally made a doctor's appointment because it happens every couple of months since I have moved here. When I was younger I had to go to the Ears, Nose, Throat doctor once a year to get my ears cleaned because I produce more ear wax than an average person. They would give me these ear drops that helped with it. I went and saw the physician, and he basically told me that my ears were clogged. He thought it would be a good idea to clean them himself. Wrong! They were so sensitive, and I jumped at everything because they were so sore. Finally, he referred me to the ENT. That got me no where, too. I went in and the girl that was working the desk is the one that took me back and the one that cleaned my ears. I did not think anything of it because they were really slow, but then she proceeds to tell me that the ear wax is really close to my eye drum and she is nervous. So I just sat there and let her do her thing. She cleaned some out, but then told me that she did not feel like getting any closer because she was not comfortable with it. Really?! I was not too happy with that at all. She told me to try and wash it out with peroxide and warm water or an over-the-counter cleaning kit-- that I actually told her about from the physician. Seriously, do you think I would go to the doctor if I had not tried to do something about my ears myself? Obviously, I have tried all of this plus more and nothing is working. I just want to see a dang professional, an actual doctor.

I will do the ear wax candling and see if they will help move it away from the ear drum before I go back to the ENT. I think that is my only option at this point, but when I go back, I will ask to see an actual doctor because this has gone on for way too long.

I am glad that it has not moved to my throat or nose. Now, that would be horrible. 

A few days after the ear situation, I woke up to a crusted shut eyeball. It was bloodshot and so red. I thought maybe it was pink eye, but I was wrong. I think it is from my contacts. I have been wearing my glasses since. This has been about a week, and it is still red around my pupil. I guess I will need to make an eye doctor's appointment, too. Am I just falling apart or what?

I feel like I am. When it rains, it pours for sure. I guess it could be worse, so I should be counting my blessings. I just wish the doctors here would actually take care of business instead of beating around the bush. It drives me nuts sometimes.

After this week, after finals, I have another term that I am doubling up on. Mr. Man will be away for the first 3 and a half weeks of it, which is good. It will give me time to get me a schedule going. I just hope he is back for our baby boy's birthday. Mr. Man has only been here for 1, and that one was last year. Hopefully, he can be here for another one.

To add to all this busyness, people are always asking me to do random things for them. I do not mind at all. I am not complaining at all! It just seems when I am busy, I get bombarded with more things. It all happens at once. I am glad people feel like they can rely on me, really I am. But it definitely adds to me going nonstop.

Me and the boy both got haircuts this week. He is finally all nice and shaved. Makes me sad a little. I prefer him furry, but he is happier shaved. I may take him out to the beach again while Mr. Man is away if it works out. If school does not consume too much of my time. I am sure he would enjoy rolling around in the sand without so much hair! I think I have decided that I am going to let mine grow out again. I really miss it being long, but I think I may regret letting it grow again. It's so easy to take care of short. It's so quick and easy to fix. I guess we will see. If I decide to continue cutting it, I am going to invest in me some extensions. I miss my long her from time to time, and vice versa. I think extensions will be a quick fix depending on my mood.

We heard word on the next deployment. Let's just say my calculations are pretty close, not exact. But anything can change between now and then. I like the idea of knowing there will be one rather than there is a possibly. At this base, it is always out there. But it's nice to know it's being discussed and planned for.

Hopefully, I will have some good news for you soon. Nothing fantastic, nothing dramatic, but something interesting. Debating on sharing or not.


  1. Busy bee! Oh I wanna know! Ha ha cause you know I'm nosy :)

  2. Wow, you have been a busy lady! I've done the ear wax candling thing and it works pretty well so hopefully it will work for you too! I want to hear good news! =)

  3. I have to rinse Spouse's ears a lot with a kit from CVS. Ear candling does nothing for him. He surfs, so he gets a lot of buildup to the point of not being able to hear!

  4. Hi I’m following you from Friendly Friday Follow. Stop by and visit me healthy living & a balanced you at Have A Wonderful Day….


We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!