Monday, August 2, 2010

My New Layout:

I wanted to update everyone on the new blog layout. I know I am a little behind the time, but I know this needs to be done!

I obviously have a new title. It is now "Life as a Cajun Bombshell." I chose this name because it is a nickname that Mr. Man gave me a while back. It has kind of stuck with us. The meaning behind it is that I am Cajun, born and raised in Louisiana. Mr. Man works in the Munitions Squadron of the Air Force, also known as AMMO, which is where the Bombshell comes in to play. I am also a blue-eyed, blonde hair woman, so it fits both descriptions. However, I tend to dye my hair dark auburn quite often.  Mr. Man also named his weapon in Afghanistan after me, The Cajun Bombshell, so the nickname has just stuck around for a while.

I finally have a button! It's located under "Share the Love" on the right side of the blog. So, please share the love. If you also have a button, I have a section for "Blogs I Love." This area is located on the left side of my blog. I have a section for military blogs and everyday bloggers. Please let me know by simply contacting me through email or comments to let me know that you have a button and would like me to Share the Love for you, too!

There is a place for you to follow me on Twitter if you would like. To be honest, I am a very boring Tweeter, but I am getting better :)

The main new attraction is the nav bar at the top. It has Home, which is where my main blog is located. Then is My Fitness Diary. This is where I will update my fitness goals and achievements, diet information, reviews on products I have used or are currently using, and some inspirational and encouraging tips and stories. Feel free to check in with it every couple of days, as I talk about fitness a lot!

The next area is for Recipes. I noticed lately I have been talking about food a whole lot. I thought it would be nice to separate the recipes for easy navigation if anyone decides to try one of the recipes. I will post anything from Cajun/Louisiana recipes to junk food to things I eat on a daily basis. Be sure to check it out!

I have a tab for My Travels. Since Mr. Man and I have jumped on the opportunities of traveling, I thought I would like to separate this, so I could at some point create a scrapbook. This is for my own personal pleasure, as most of it is. But you'll benefit too, by having it all nice and organized!

Of course, I have a section for my 101 Things to do in 1001 Days. This is where I will update my journey through that project. I have some pretty ambitious goals on there.. Let's see if I accomplish all of them!

And last, but definitely not least, I have a section for Guest Bloggers. I plan on allowing people to guest blog on Saturday's! I think this is a fabulous idea because I can show off blogs that I love and get to know other blogs that I just recently met. I also travel on these days with my family, so I am almost always gone. This is a great way to keep the flow of blogging, and promoting other people's blog. I am up for any type of bloggers, as long as it is family friendly. Please, let me know if you would be interested in Guest Blogging here! You can contact me at CajunBombshell1@yahoo.com for available dates.

I think I have covered everything so far! Except one thing....

I have had so many emails of people asking me how I did my blog. I wish I could take credit for it, but truly I can not. I appreciate all the love for the blog layout! Really, I do. I am so happy that so many of you love it! But I have to give the true thanks to Happy Housewife Designs! She did absolutely everything. She communicated well and did everything I asked of her. She is fabulous. If you are looking for someone to help you out with your blog, look her up! And actually, she was recommended to me from one of my all-time favorite bloggy friends, Mrs. S!

Ok, now from you:

Please let me know if you have a button! I would love to add it to my list of Blogs I Love.
Please Share the Love by grabbing my button!
And email me for your chance to be a featured guest blogger right here on "Life as a Cajun Bombshell!"

3 comments:

  1. I FINALLY figured out how to make my own button after you sent me the second website. Yay! So I now have a Button! Feel free to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new look is great - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah I just love it all! Thanks for the linky lovebug :) I grabbed your button! Feel free to grab one of mine if you wish.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!