Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life Lessons Learned

"You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else."

"You have to have the strength to do for yourself before you can do for someone else."

"Practice what you preach.".. or don't preach at all.

I truly and honestly believe that you have to love yourself before you can even begin to love someone else. You have to be happy and confident with who you are and what you want in life before you drag someone else into the mix. There are some cases where maniacs turn normal when they meet someone or find new friends. That's one thing. But to try and go out and fin love, friendships, and other relationships without caring about yourself first will almost always lead you to trouble. Sometimes I wish I could rattle some of my family and friend's minds, so they would understand this. So they will take the step to improving themselves first. I always have and always will want the best for the people that mean so much to me. Sometimes I find myself wanting to make sacrifices or breaking my arm just to help or support someone. Then it sucks to know that I had already those people that what has happened would have happened at some point before it even was close to happening. I am not perfect, nor am I always right. But I am a natural protector. I always hope for the best no matter who it involves, but it always crushes me when something happens and I know it could have been prevented. It's like people are in denial with themselves and the world.

You have to have the strength and courage to do for yourself before you can lend a hand to someone in need. Yes, it is nice to help others out even when you are not in a great position yourself to be doing it. That's another factor, another point. How can someone rely on you if you can not rely on yourself? I know it sounds like a mouthful, but think about it. For mothers, a child relies on them from many different angles. For protection to providing to supporting. If you, as a mother, choose not to protect yourself from something dangerous, like murders, how can your child feel safe and protected around you? Now, I used an extreme case to avoid offending anyone or taking my words the wrong way, but think about things like this. Not even as just a mother. It is something you have to carry as a person, a wife, a friend, an education, anything and everything. And always set a good example. Be someone that others can look up to. Be proud of who you are.

It is important to set a good example, share your thoughts and experiences, and be proud of who you are. Life is about living and learning. It really is. I just wish some poeple had the courtesy to practice what they preach. For example, there is this family that we know that has children. They are very open about being nonChristian to me. I personally do not have a problem with this, but what I do have a problem with is that they take their children to a Christian play group for the kids. The kids do crafts and things that are related to the Christian belief and the Bible. The mother of these children just goes along with the flow because it is basically free child care. At least that is how I feel. It's like she is abusing our good deeds. This goes back to being proud of who you are. You are not a proud and happy person if you ride the fence on things in life. Not to pass judgement on anyone - just speaking my mind. Another funny one is when people try to talk health and fitness with me. It's one thing to make it a casual conversation, but it is another to call yourself a "know-it-all" and state that and the reason why you are such a "know-it-all". I have had numerous people give me pointers, professionals and not so professional people. I always respectfully take their suggestions. I truthfully do. I just wish they could either take their own advice or realize how wrong they are by looking in the mirror. I can not stand know-it-alls. The ones that think they know everything because "they have read material on it", "studied about it for a couple of weeks", or are currently trying to lose weight. None of those classify anyone as a know-it-all on any issue. Which all goes back to taking care of yourself before lending a hand to someone else in need. This does not only go towards the two examples I gave. It's about all perspectives of life.

This is all about being happy with yourself and who you have become. It's about getting yourself out of denial so you can better yourself. It's about not lying to yourself so you can make a difference in the world.

Now, to clear the air. This is not to a specific person, family, or category out in the world. It is aimed towards everyone, just people in general - including myself. I always say if the shoe fits then maybe you should take a step back and re-examine yourself. This is just shared lessons that I have learned from my life, whether it's been through friends, family, or myself. Just life's little adventures that have come my way.

4 comments:

  1. i love your blog layout :)

    your good.

    anyway... i remember the poem. everything i need to know i learned in kindergarten :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are adorable and I absolutely love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true. if you can't love yourself or help yourself don't expect anyone else to do it for you. If you can do those two things life is so wonderful. Not because you love yourself but because you are stong enough to love others.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!