Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dreaming in Gold:

Here is a quest post from Kristin at Windy Poplars. My very own first guest blogger here at Life as a Cajun Bombshell! I love her blog and her personality. We have a lot in common. She is one of my favorite non-military bloggers! You should check her out and show her some love. She is always so motivating and uplifting. I promise it will be worth it!

First of all, I'd like to thank my dear bloggy friend, Mrs. Ma'am for asking me to do a guest post for her "Life as a Cajun Bombshell". What an honor! While I write about lots of things over at Windy Poplars, you've caught me on a rather introspective day. I hope you'll pour yourself some iced tea, and join me in my reflections...

    How many times a day (week, month, year), do we get that feeling in our souls that we've accomplished something great? I don't mean great on the Richter Scale, measuring impaction levels on mankind as a whole, but great in the sense that you KNOW that what you just did, was something you were created to do. It resounds in your very deepest heart of hearts. It could be an inner joy and peace...a sense of purpose fulfilled...a delight with your soul at perfect rest...a longing satisfied. We're going to call that a "golden feeling" for the purposes of this post. I find colors can be a great way of expressing emotions - don't you think?


I love having that feeling of gold! It's a natural high. Even if it's only for a moment. It helps you wade through all kind of daily mundane, and like a drug, keeps you wanting more.~


So with that in mind, now switch over to thinking about the dreams you have for your life. Do they meld in any way with those aforementioned feelings of gold? Many of mine do, and that's why, after connecting those two thoughts, I had my epiphany:


A Key to Happiness:

1. Spend time thinking about the dreams and desires that were placed in your hearts secret place before you were born. - Also consciously noting that the realization of them brings about immense feelings of gold!

2. Stop sitting around and waiting for them to occur by chance.- DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!


Several blogs have been inspiring me lately to live my dreams. Who knows if we'll ever see tomorrow? But we DO have today! Many of my dreams have always seemed far off in the future.- "We don't have the money", "It's too much work", "I have no idea how to even go about getting started", "I'm too young and inexperienced", are all excuses I've used. No more my friend!


It's time to start being a dream liver! I'm stepping out into the unknown and am in search of gold! Here are some stops along my Golden Road Map, I hope it will inspire you to make one of your own!


*Golden Dream: Nurturing weary souls by providing care and pampering and bliss! Giving them an escape from their everyday life, and helping to restore their calm.-

*Map: Sprucing up our guest room and bath  to act as a "bed and breakfast" where all their needs are met - offered to all on a donations basis -only as people are led and able.


*Golden Dream: Marriage Counseling - helping to build strong, vibrant marriages.

*Map: See the map above - providing thought provoking and interactive material for couples to use while staying with us if they so desire to grow their relationship. - Also planning marriage days/events for couples only that involve growing in trust, vulnerability, communication, and fun companionship.


*Golden Dream: Community - fellowship, and providing "family" for those who have none (or none close by).

*Map: Looking into building and running a boarding house - a long time dream of mine! Praying for direction... Making lots of phone calls!


*Golden Dream: Travel - My heart experiences many golden thrills when I'm exploring a new place for the first time, or visiting an old gem that holds lots of memories. Also tied tightly to this, is the reconnection that happens with my dear husband when we're taken out of our daily routine, and set out on an adventure together. That's pure gold!

*Map: Starting to look for a supplemental job that will purely provide travel money - so that it can become a more regular part of our lives.



Thanks, Mrs. Ma'am for letting me share some of my dreams with your readers today!  Happy Weekending to All!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration post...Kristin never fails to make me smile!!! Love Windy Poplars:-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!