Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Looking Back: Hair

*Beware-- Picture overload!*

I have decided that I am going back natural. It has been a long and hard decision, but it is one that has to be made. The last time I went for my roots to be touched up, I had a bad reaction to it. The next day my scalp was all burnt, itchy, and peeling. I did not hurt, but it definitely was something new for me. When it happened, I actually had not realized that I was pregnant,  but once I found out I put two and two together and figured it had to be from the hormones. I decided I was not going to take another chance with it, and I am giving up my blonde, blonde hair. I am so very sad to see it go so soon, but I think it will be what is best for me. I thought I would do a look back on the journey with my blonde hair before going back to my natural color, which is dirty blonde.




Oh, I'm definitely going to miss the blonde hair! I'm glad I got plenty of pictures, though!

Next time, I will look totally different!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on being pregnant! I know what you are going through with the big hair decision. Mine wasn't/isn't totally blond, but I had highlighted the heck out of it, plus permed it, and last year I thought it was all gong to break off in my hands! I'm straight now, with a bit of color, but it's not too far from my natural shade. I just want to keep those lovely gray hairs at bay for as long as I can! Have fun with your new hair and all that goes with being pregnant! Hope you enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were VERY blonde before! I'm sure you will be happy with your natural color, even it if takes a while to grow out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally working on a "My hair in the past year" post. So funny. I love the pictures of you with long auburn hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I found out I was pregnant I was also in between hair colors. I asked my stylist what she thought I should do and even with her assurances that dye wouldn't hurt the baby, I didn't want to do it. So she then offered to do a color wash. It took alot less time, I think because it wasn't permenent hair color which also makes it a lot less harsh on your scalp. She did it the color of my natural hair so when it started to wash and grow out It looked more like natural hair with highlights not like awful roots from going platinum back to normal hair color...

    That is an option if you roots start to drive you crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Hi! I found your blog by accident, but so glad I stopped by. Congratulations on your pregnancy! How Exciting!

    I went natural a few years ago and LOVE not having to color my hair. I have to pluck the gray hairs, but other than that, it is so freeing to be dye-free.

    Keep up the great work on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hair has been bleached for over a year and I'm slowly weaning myself off it. It's like crack and I loooove how I look with platinum hair but it's too much work and too much damage!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!