Thursday, June 17, 2010

50 Adjectives: Loyal

Now that I am home and getting back on schedule, I am getting back to my regular posts. The next adjective is:

Loyal.

The definition is:
[loi-uhl]
1. faithful to one's sovereign, government, or state: a loyal subject.
2. faithful to one's oath, commitments, or obligations: to be loyal to a vow.
3. faithful to any leader, party, or cause, or to any person or thing conceived as deserving fidelity: a loyal friend.
4. characterized by or showing faithfulness to commitments, vows, allegiance, obligations, etc.
  
I am very loyal, very loyal in many different ways. I am loyal to my husband. I am loyal to my family. I am loyal to my friends. I am loyal to my acquaintances. I am loyal to people I just meet. I am even loyal to people that do not treat me all that well. I am, of course, loyal to myself.

True. I can not help the fact that I have a very caring personality. I do not care what others think of me, but I do care about others well-being. 

As a wife, I am expected to be faithful to my husband. No matter how far he travels, I am still his wife forever. No matter how stubborn he is (which is often), I am still his wife forever. As a house wife, I am expected to do the house wifely "to-do's". As a mother to my furry son, I am expected to feed him, bathe him, make sure he has water, gets plenty of exercise, is comfortable, is healthy, etc. 

As a daughter, I am expected to love my mother and father. As a sister, I am expected to love my brother and sister. As a grandchild, I am expected to love my grandparents. As a great grandchild, I am expected to love my Granny. As a niece, I am expected to love my aunts, uncles, and all their children. (I think that covers it all for the most part.) I love my family. I am a very family oriented person. I believe that family is everything. Without my family, I would not be who I am today. I would not have the morals and values that I have. There are many things I would not have if it was not for my family. I love my family very much. I call them as often as possible. I email them regularly. I show them pictures of our adventures and of us. I think about them nonstop. I am very loyal to my family, including the in-laws.

As a friend, I am commitment to the friendship, the relationship that we have. Even though most of my best friends are in the states, spread around the world, I still stay in contact with them. I still support them (and they definitely do the same for me). I do believe I could work on this a little more, which I have began to. I have the most awesome friends in the world, and the least I can do for them is be the best friend to them that I possibly can.

I am loyal to acquaintances. To me, acquaintances are people that are not necessarily friends because of differences, but they are still civil to one another. If I could be friends with everyone, I would. But the fact of the matter is that not everyone desires the same thing. Therefore, I have to live with the fact that some people may not want to be my friend. As childish as that sounds, it really is true. And no matter how much our differences are, I am still very loyal to them. I care about people. It is who I am, so even if I had enemies, I am sure I would still care about them, their families, their children, their livelihood.

As a Key Spouse, I am loyal to my spouses. I lend a shoulder when they need it. I lend an ear when they need it. I lend my lawn mower when they need it. I even lend my hard-work when they need it.  I sacrifice for them because I am loyal to my commitments, my obligations.

I am very loyal to myself. I have goals. I have dreams. I have a life. A life that I want to be fulfilling. The only way to fulfill it is to be loyal to myself, to commit to it. 

However, I am not a perfect person. I cheat on my diets. I sometimes do not push myself to limits at the gym. I tend to overeat, especially when it comes to boiled seafood. I make excuses for myself, which in turns means I am in denial or lie to myself. I slack at many things, especially at household chores. And I am sure there are many, many more. 

Something I have noticed from this post is that I am unloyal to myself, but to no one else. Yes, Mr. Man may suffer if they household chores are not finished, but that's a part of life. When it comes to outsider, I care about them. I want to be there for them. I want to help in any way I can, and I do.
 

1 comment:

  1. Loyalty is a MUST in every relationship whether it be family, marriage, God, work, friendship, and yes SELF. I think loyalty to self is a hugely underestimated or maybe underappreciated characteristic. If you are loyal to yourself, you are so close to happiness.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!