Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to stop by and tell all the wonderful mother's out there "Happy Mother's Day!" Now that I live in England, I get to experience this twice a year, which is a blessing. I know I am thankful for my Mom. Without her, no telling what kind of person I would be. She is a marvelous woman that has given everything she can for her children. I am very blessed to have her as my Mom!

Today was yet another lazy day. Actually, as I speak, Mr. Man is sleeping on the large couch and our baby boy is snuggled up on the smaller couch. That's my men. Mr. Man is snoring, so he must be really tired. He does not snore unless he is overly exhausted. 

So today... This morning we got up and went to church, stopped by the BX to look at some things for when we go to Italy, and went by the Post Office to see if we got our packages in. All of it was successful. Church was wonderful having Mr. Man right there by my side. I was so distracted because I thought about all those Sundays I went without him and how I dreaded church because it was something we shared deeply together. It's a slightly long explanation, but it is what it is. I was just so glad to have him by my side. (Oops, he just popped up from the couch.. gotta write this in a jiffy!) So church was wonderful with him by my side. I found what I needed at the BX for our trip. Woo hoo!! Only 20 more days! Next stop was the Post Office, which was another success. We got our last 3 packages in. I just have to go and pick them up tomorrow! 

After that, we came home and played around outside with our baby boy. This little guy has needed some outside time, some family time, some Daddy time, for sure. We went to a field and played fetch. I laid around like a bum and just watched them. Mr. Man fired up the pit once we got home and cooked me some steaks. I roasted some squash and cooked some baked beans.
In the pictures, the sun is blinding me, Mr. Man is being goofy, and our boy is excited to finally get to play with Daddy!

So tomorrow... Oh tomorrow, how I am not ready for tomorrow. Mr. Man has to go in to work to In-process. I have to start on some school work. Boo! Oh well, I know Tuesday is sightseeing day, Wednesday is a half day for a meeting for him and for me some school then sightseeing, Thursday is shopping (!!!!), Friday is whatever we want day, and so is Saturday and Sunday and Monday and Tuesday... all the way until the following Monday. That is exciting!

Now to hit the sack. I just need to clean up the kitchen from dinner and wake Mr. Man up so we can get showers then crawl in bed. It's only 7:30pm, but I guess since we are all so exhausted we should just sleep.

Happy Mother's Day and I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day... I totally understand the church thing. It's hard going alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!!! He's home!!! I've been so absent from reading my blogs this weekend, I just missed out on all the good news :-) SO glad to hear this though, and that you guys are having a wonderful time! I wanted to be sure that you "subscribed by e-mail" to our Exercise Club discussion? That will be the easiest way to keep up with everybody I think.- So excited for you and the happy weeks to come :-) Talk to you again soon I'm sure! ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful. I mean all I can do is sigh for you!

    ♥ Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!