Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Things That Inspire Me: 2

I started this to find 10 things that inspire me for the 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days. I have been listing them one by one because I thought that it would be nice for be to be able to elaborate on them a little more for future reference.

I did the first post about a month and a half ago on Childhood Obesity and the stereotype that America gets over the Fast Food and such. You can check it out here!

The second one that inspires me is Teenage Moms.

I know this is a very controversial topic, and maybe I should say "Young Moms" because I know the stereotype that Teen Moms get. After all, the ones that actually inspire me are the ones that grow up quickly after realizing they are pregnant, or the ones that are in their low 20s (like me!) but still got a surprise.

To me, accidents happen. Things happens to each and every one of us, and it is what we do with it that truly matters. Things happen for a reason, whether it is unknown or not, it happens. Since I have become pregnant, I have gotten many new moms or soon-to-be-moms send me emails and introduce me to their video blogs on YouTube or their blogs right here on Blogger or Word Press. I have came across some very special Moms that now own my heart. As I watch their videos and read their blogs, I soon was finding more and more Teen Moms. Out of the ones I watched, over 80% of them were very mature and quickly growing up. You could see it in their videos that they shared with the world. Some go as far as making their baby's clothes, food, cloth diapering, going to school, finishing high school, finding jobs, moving out of their parents house, etc. It's very inspiring for someone like me that is also young. To know that anyone can be thrown an awkward situation and still make the best of it.

Majority of these girls also had awesome personalities. It showed their videos and the comments that they would receive. Many of them were not the insecure type or the odd ball that did not fit in at school or lived in poverty and this happened. They are every day completely 100% confident girls with boyfriends that are supportive and carry a huge confidence even in their situation. Very positive people.

As I was watching these videos and reading about their lives, I began to think about the show Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant. Now, I do not watch these shows often. I think I have seen them like 4 times, each maybe twice. But to be honest, those girls on those shows are not always this type. Yes, I will say there was a couple that seemed to be level-headed, but none the way these girls are.

So, that is when I realized that they were inspiring me and my outlook on my situation and life. They impacted the way I see our future and the things I want for our child. It showed me that even when accidents happen, anyone can still make a difference. At 22 years old, married for over 4 years, financially stable, with our own house to live in, I could only think about how good I have it. And how I should never take advantage of anything that I have. Yes, I worked to be where I am, but somewhere down the line I was very fortunate and blessed with my life. The same goes for everyone else if they choose to see it that way.

I wish I describe in words these girls. I really can not. But I can tell you that they have inspired me to be the best Mom ever because they were able to do it even in the most surprising moment.

3 comments:

  1. I love most teen mothers I meet. I turned 19 only two weeks after having my daughter. Yes, I was married but no way in hell were we setup for the lifestyle. (We weren't even living together!) It's a hard thing to pull motherhood out of your ass when you're not ready yet.

    But--- I cannot bring myself to watch those MTV shows! I think they shed such a bad light on teen mothers. It's crazy sometimes, sure, but it's not all drama, bitchery, and neglect and that's all I ever see on that show.

    I'm so glad to see just one other woman doesn't think badly of the young mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was a mom to be I'm pretty sure you would have just brought a tear to my eye. This is very well written and puts a new, more positive perspective out there for everyone who reads it.

    I'm having a giveaway so be sure to check it out : )

    www.lindseyl0ve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted this! I "was" a young mom- married and preggers at 20, so I can totally relate! Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing! I now have a 7 year old and a 7 month baby and couldn't be happier.

    ~Emily
    www.emily-roe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!