Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Recipe: Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup



Soups have been a comfort food for me since the weather has started to get all rainy and chilly. Soups have also been one of those foods that I can eat and eat and eat and never get tired of while pregnant. I thought I would share this recipe of a Broccoli, Cheese, and Potato Soup. It is absolutely delicious! 

The Ingredients:



The Directions:

  1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter over medium heat until tender.
  2. Add flour, pepper, salt, and paprika and stir until smooth.
  3. Add broth, milk, and potatoes, stirring constantly until it boils and thickens.
  4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
  5. Stir in cheese and cooked broccoli and cook over low until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
  6. Sprinkle individual servings with parsley if desired.


    If you try this, you must let me know how you like it!! 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds SO good! I can't wait until it gets cooler here so I can try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to be trying this very soon! :) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this soup and I absolutely LOVE it!! I've already made it a couple time lol.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!