Thursday, February 24, 2011

A-Z Recipes:

Next week we will start back to meal planning. However, since it will be our last month before Baby A arrives, I thought it would be fun to do the A-Z Recipes to help count down to the birth of our daughter. As most of you know, it is part of my 101 Things to do in 1001 Days. I will post what I have listed so far for each letter of the alphabet, but please keep in mind that these may change based on what is going on. Also, we will do normal weeks, which means that Saturday or Sunday (maybe even both) may not be a part of this as we like to travel and based on what is quick to cook for the night.

Here is the list:

A- Asparagus Chicken
B- Buffalo Chicken Wings
C- Crab Cakes
D- Deluxe Burritos
E- Easy Cheesecake
F- French Toast
G- Garlic Lemon Chicken (in the Crockpot)
H- Herb Roasted Potatoes
I- Indoor Smores
J- JalapeƱo Cornbread
K- Korean Spiced Kidney Beans (over Rice)
L- Lime and Ginger Grilled Salmon
M- Mexican-Style Pasta with Chicken and Peppers
N- Nutty Cheeseball
O- Orange Glazed Carrots
P- Pork Roast and Sauerkraut (in the Crockpot)
Q- Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
R- Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallots
S- Shrimp with Feta Cheese
T- Tilapia with Jasmine Rice
U- Upside- Down Chili Pie
V- Vegetable Soup
W- Walnut Meatballs with Apricot BBQ Sauce
X- Xavier Steak
Y- Yellow Rice and Chicken
Z- Zucchini Chips

As you can see, I tried to add a variety of foods. I have a couple of fish dishes, crockpot dishes, side dishes, appetizers, desserts, main courses, snack time foods, and a couple that would be fun for the family to do together.

They all sound delicious to me, so I hope that it works out. I will try to post pictures from time to time on whichever we cook and keep you updated on how it is going. This will start next week, but I will list how many of them we will do (which will be at least 5) and go from there. As I make them, if I find one that is worthy of posting the recipe, I definitely will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!