Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Movie: Eat Pray Love

Last night after I cooked dinner, I cuddled up on the couch with my pooch and watched "Eat Pray Love". I really had no idea what to expect going in to it because I really do not keep up with movies or books. I had heard so much about it around different social sites, so I thought I would give it a shot. People kept recommending me read it whenever I was looking for a new book to read. I did add the book to my list, but I still ended up renting and watching it before I even purchased the book.



I thought the movie was really good. I did not find it as good as people made it out to be, but then again they were talking about the book and not the movie. Huge difference! The storyline was great, and it was definitely my type of movie to watch when Mr. Man is away.

To give a short description, it is about a woman who was in a marriage. They later divorced. She had a lot going for her, but she still found herself lost. She felt like she was missing a part of her, and she wanted to search to find it. The way she does this is by traveling the world. She first went to Italy. Then to India, and last to Bali. I really enjoyed how they represented each place and their culture. I felt it was truly correct with the variety of cultures and very inspirational. It made me want to go back to Italy actually.  So as she travels the world, she discovers different meanings to things and finds a way to place it in her life to find what she is searching for. It was definitely a good movie, and a perfect one for a night without the husband. Although I do think he would have enjoyed it too.

I love movies that I feel like I can learn something from it and place it into my own life. I definitely got that feeling from this movie, so I think I will be moving the book up on my book list.

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading the book now! I'll wait to see the movie until after I read it though...if I can get through it, lol :p It's kinda slow in some parts. The Italy part is the best so far.

    You can get the book for free from Military One Source!! It's under the non-fiction category :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book before I saw the movie, so I hated the movie. Things are told out of order and the portrayal isn't as great. Because the book is a memoir, it exposes a lot of her inner thoughts that are lacking in the movie. The movie hits a lot of key points, but misses out on how much her thought process is altered by her experience. You can get the book for free off Military One Source if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I love your blog! Follow mine?
    http://hollysanduskyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!