Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Traditions: Easter

I have been thinking about what I want to do for Easter this year. It's hard to plan traditions with your children when you never know where you will be, whether the family will all be together, or if you will even have your own back yard. I have been thinking about fun foods, creative ways to dye eggs, and crafts that will entertain all of us. Here are some things that I have come across. I have pinned them all on pinterest... but most come from other family blogs.

My first thought was breakfast Easter morning. Easter is always on a Sunday, so of course we would be battling getting ready for church along with all the festivities. These I could prepare the night before and keep in the fridge then pop them into the oven the next morning. The first picture is cinnamon rolls and the second picture is biscuits.


From the time Mr. Man and I married, we dyed Easter eggs for ourselves. We never hid them, but we always made dishes with them. This year we knew we would dye eggs with Baby A, but we wanted to do something different, something special. I found that Kool-Aid is a great way to dye them! 



Next is what we would actually get her. Of course she is too young for all the candy and junk. We did not want to overwhelm her with toys either. So I found this cute idea to replace the large chocolate bunny that I always got as a child. One year she will get the chocolate bunny, but for now... it will be goldfish :) 



I love to have things hanging on our door for every holiday. I am hoping to make one for every month whenever we are in the states. This one is super cute for the spring time. 


I was looking for new traditions that are fun and exciting for children, especially toddlers. For Christmas, I found the Magic Reindeer Food/Dust. I wanted something similar for Easter. I found this cute idea. You plant some jelly beans in the yard. The next day for Easter blooms a lollipop. Of course, this only works the night of Easter. I also found a cute poem to explain the reasoning of Easter and Jesus Christ. 


When I was growing up, our grandparents always hid plastic eggs along with real eggs. I decided we would do the same. But then crossed my mind of what to put in the eggs. Remember the golden egg? We decided that we would put a couple with money in it. When/If we have more children, we will put their names on them so it is fair. Or we will do the real golden egg... who knows. But then what do you do with the leftover eggs? Here are some great ideas - Egg Characters and Egg Teacups! So cute! 





 I have all these pinned on pinterest. If you are interested, you can find me here.

What are your traditions? What do you plan to do with your little one(s) this year?



1 comment:

  1. How fun! I was just thinking of what Easter traditions to implement this year. The cinnamon rolls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!