Friday, February 10, 2012

Freezable?

Since doing my research on natural cleaner, I have also came across some great tips for kitchen storing, organizing, and cleaning. One of the topics that has really caught my interest is the things that are freezable and how long they will last in the freezer.

Did you know that you can freeze baking supplies? Like nuts, blocks of chocolate, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and many more.

I did not! I knew that they could be frozen, but I never thought to do it to keep them fresh and save them for other baking projects! Well... now I know!

Another thing I never really put much thought into is freezing diary products. Things such as cheese, milk, butter, and yogurt. Even though we go through all of these fast on a weekly basis, I still think it is such a great tip when going on vacation. Recently, Mr. Man, Baby A, and I went to Germany for 2 weeks. Our milk was going to expire while we were away, so I just threw it out. WHAT A WASTE! Had I realized I could freeze it, I definitely would have. It would have saved me from having to go grocery shopping immediately upon our return.

Is there anything that you freeze that is uncommon? or a bit sneaky?

Some of my favorite things to freeze is ripen bananas and other fruits for smoothies, baking goods, leftover meals, and vegetables (like spinach) to make juices or add to my smoothies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!