Garlic Lemon Chicken (in a Crockpot)
· 1 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens (whole or pieces)
· 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 1/4 cup sherry wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth (I used chicken broth)
· 1/4 cup lemon juice
· salt and pepper
1. 1 Wash chicken; pat dry; season chicken generously with salt and pepper; sprinkle half of oregano, rosemary and garlic inside cavity of chicken; melt butter in frying pan and brown chicken; transfer to slow cooker or crock pot; sprinkle with remaining oregano, rosemary and garlic; add sherry to frying pan and stir to loosen brown bits; pour into slow cooker.
2. 2 Cover, cook on LOW (200 degrees) for 7 hours; add lemon juice and cook 1 more hour (total of 8); transfer chicken to cutting board; skim fat from juices and serve over chicken.
For this recipe, I used chicken pieces instead of a whole chicken. Since I did that, I cooked it for 6 hours instead of 8. Just remember to check it, and always with chicken make sure it's fully cooked.