Monday, November 4, 2013

The Duggars

You know.... I have learned that The Duggar family is a fairly controversial family. Some people love them and some people hate them. Hate is a strong word, and I really don't understand how anyone can hate anything much less any person. But that's besides the point.

I don't watch a lot of television. In fact, we don't even have cable or AFN. We watch movies if we watch TV or it is off. I do like to watch videos on YouTube. Just like blogging, I also vlog and watch other vloggers. And on occasion I will watch a documentary or episode of a show I like. The Duggar family is one. 19 Kids and Counting....

I have been watching on and off for a while now. I really enjoy their show. I am very intrigued at how they stay organized, but most importantly how they raise their children. I think that from previous posts, most of you know we are a Christian family. We hope to instill those morals and values into our children as well. Sure, having 19 kids seems a bit overboard. BUT if any family should have this many kids, it should be parents like them.

Obviously I only see what the show shares. But they have been on for a long while now, and they haven't showed any signs of not being who they claim to be. Sure, they may have gotten bigger and better things and started doing more publicity, but they haven't changed their ways.

For example, look at Jon & Kate Plus Eight. I also was intrigued by their show several years ago. But there were signs all over the place about their relationship and who they were. It was shown in their show through their personalities. Sure enough, it wasn't long that it all started coming out and their show was cancelled.

I just don't see this with happening with The Duggars.

To see how their children are growing into the people they are and doing the things they are doing really shows their unconditional love for their children. Even if religion didn't play a role in this, the way they raise their children does. Even if someone disagrees with anything they do (like courtship, homeschooling, etc), the children are still extremely successful.

I know many people would say when you have money and your own TV show, you can do anything and have anything for your children. I agree to an extent. I really do. But I also didn't see it when Josh and Anna married and moved out. They strived to build their own life, and I feel they did not rely on his parents.

Obviously, I'm not there. I don't know them personally, and I do only see what is on their show. But I really can't stand when I see people bashing them all because of the fact that they have so many children. Most of the time, I see that it is people who didn't have a great family relationship growing up or they didn't pass down that relationship into their own family and children. It just aggravates me, I guess. In the sense that too many people judge them for all the wrong reasons.

Do you like The Duggars? Do they inspire you in any way? Or do you not support them in anyway because you disagree with their ways?

Let's make this a positive and healthy discussion. No attacks on myself or any other commenters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!