Monday, November 25, 2013

Meal Plan: 11/25 - 12/1 including Thanksgiving

This week is a bit different since Thanksgiving is this week. I planned a regular meal plan, but also added in our Thanksgiving plans. Since Mr. Man will be off, I figure that some of the meals will be used for lunches. It should even out since we will do Thanksgiving at a friends and still come home and need to have leftovers or make dinner.

For our regular meal plan:
1. Lemon and Sage Trout
2. Blackeyed Peas and Sausage over Rice
3. Honey Garlic Chicken
4. General Tso's Chicken
5. Minestrone Soup
6. Roast Chicken
7. Soft Tacos

For Thanksgiving we will be going to a friend's house. They are making the turkey and some sides. There are about 5 families invited, so we will be bringing some dishes as well. Some of these dishes will be made for Thanksgiving and the others will be for us to have during Mr. Man's time off for our own little family to-do.

Dishes include:
Maple Carrots
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Rice
Potato Salad
Mexican Corn
Turtles
Pumpkin Bread with Honey Butter
Pumpkin Pie
Meatballs
Ham

We don't really have any plans for the holidays. There has been snow in the mountains for the last two weeks, so we are thinking about taking the girls sledding. We are undecided. Arianna still is in school, but we will pull her out on Thanksgiving (Thursday) but send her on Friday. They are doing a fun activity and I really don't want her to miss it since she loves school so much. Other than that, we are going to enjoy some family time and probably prepare for Christmas.

That is my tradition, wrap presents for Christmas during Mr. Man's time off. Hopefully it works out and I get a lot accomplished. I know the girls will hve many more things coming in the mail from family, and I will have to wrap those. Then we need to start thinking about a tree and decorations. You know the typical day after Thanksgiving Christmas decorating. At least that has always been our families' tradition.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week. I would love to hear what your traditional foods are and what you look forward to having on this day!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was able to cook every night. Any tips on how to juggle all of wife/mom tasks and cooking? I find I end up slacking in one area the more I devote to another.

    I love decorating the weekend following Thanksgiving. This year since Hubby is deployed I set it up early while I had the time. For Thanksgiving we typically do all the traditional items; turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, etc. This year I am changing it up and doing things I know hubby would not want to do on a holiday. Many of these it is the first time making them so I am hoping they turn out good. I am making Sauteed mushroom and spinach stuffed boneless turkey, mashed "cauliflower" in place of potatoes, sage stuffing, and pumpkin cupcakes for dessert just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!