Monday, August 26, 2013

Morning Skin Care Routine:

My morning facial routine has to be quick and easy, but refreshing for my skin. When I was pregnant with A, I had gotten very bad pregnancy acne and it caused a lot of scarring. I thought I would never get rid of it, but over time, after trying a variety of products, I feel like I have finally found my solution. I thought I would share my morning and evening skin care routine, as well as my staple makeup products for my face that either cover or help my scarring.

When I wake up, the first thing I do is wash my face with the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser.



 This cleanser "is formulated with a unique blend of caffeine, lemon and papaya and cleanses to help brighten the appearance of your skin while releasing an invigorating fruit fragrance that awakens your senses. Skin appears instantly refreshed and leaves you ready to face the day."

I really, really like this facial cleanser. I was originally using the orange version of this, and I like it. A friend of mine uses this one, but hadn't tried the orange one. She recommended this one, so I decided to give it a try to compare the two.  It only makes sense that this one would be even better  because of the lemon in it. It definitely stood up to my expectations! I have seen amazing results, and I have been using it for just over a month.

Next, I put on a toner. Right now, I am using the Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Balancing Toner.


This toner is used "to rebalance skin tone and moisture levels. Our pore perfecting combination of Aloe, Cucumuber and Papaya Extracts purifies and hydrates while targeting areas of hyperpigmentation. Plant-derived Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant and cell energizer, helps eliminate free radical damage caused by daily sun exposure to help fight visible signs of photo-aging."

I use this toner during the summer because it has an SPF in it. Not only that, it helps with hyperpigmentation. Also has lemon extracts, which is a great source for skin discoloration and scarring. I love the way it makes my skin feel ( and smell ). It was one of those products that I really didn't set high expectations for because I had not heard of it before, but it actually is a great product for me. 

After I apply the toner, I put on my moisturizer. I have had a hard time finding a moisturizer for me because I have oily and sensitive skin. I have to have something that is oil free and not too thick. When I lived in Louisiana and Texas, I really enjoyed the Mary Kay moisturizer for oily/combination skin. Once I got to England, it always broke me out. Then I started using the Proactive Oil Free Moisturizer, and I still use it occasionally, but it definitely wasn't my favorite. About 2 months ago, I discovered the Simple Skin Experts products. I really enjoy their facial cleanser wipes, so I thought I would give their moisturizer a try. It is the perfect consistency for me. It is the Simple Skincare Replenishing Rich Moisturizer


Lastly, I use a firming eye cream. I'm not 100% sold on this one, so I will be trying more.


This ends my morning skincare routine. I am on the hunt for a pore minimizer. Any suggestions or recommendations?




1 comment:

  1. I have super sensitive skin and I use neutrogena face wash, moisturizer and toner. I am looking at trying their eye cream but haven't gotten around to it just yet. I was using mary kay face products but found that when I was pregnant I had a reaction to it and opted to put them aside until I finished breastfeeding. I'm not sure I will ever return to them as I really like the products I am currently using. I have super sensitive skin and these haven't given me a problem. I think i need to find your toner as it look like a good product.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!