Monday, August 19, 2013

First Impression: Neutrogena Wave

So recently while I was shopping at the commissary, I noticed that they had this gadget like thing that was for cleaning your face. It is the Neutrogena Wave. I didn't buy it immediately because I assumed it was one of those things that look cool and interesting but are actually a complete waste of money. I have only tried it once, so I have no idea yet. But I thought it would be fun to do a fist impressions of it. These types are popular among beauty gurus, and I didn't find any legit reviews of the product. So I thought I would write my first impressions and after a month or so I could come back for a full review of the product.

Here's the product:

When I first saw this product, I immediately wondered if it was a cheaper version to the Clarisonic Mia. I know many people rave over that, but I can't help but wonder if they only do it for the incentives that come with promoting the product and using their discount codes to buy it. After some research, I learned that they are two totally different products. They can't be compared to at all. The Clarisonic offers way, way, way more than this $8 product, which should not be surprising when you see the price of the Clarisonic. 

I bought the Neutrogena Wave (NW) the other day. I have been on a buying new products when I see them in fear of me not being able to get my hands on them later. This should not be a surprise as the military always sells stuff then stops and you are left without it. If you really want to give it a try, then you get it while you can without second guessing the next opportunity. Bottom Line... I bought it. For $8. 

It comes with a $2.00 off refill coupon as well as 2 weeks supply of the foaming pads that attach to its head. It takes a AA battery, which is also included. 

I finally decided to give it a go last night. I figured the best time to use it was at night. Maybe I am wrong? I used it. The vibrating was something new to me, and honestly it was a bit weird. But I got use to it quickly. I began massaging my face in a circular motion that it suggests doing. I did my whole face. After doing my first cheek, I felt a tingle and burning sensation. At first it worried me. I wondered if my face was turning red. But it didn't. My face definitely felt clean and soft like it claims. I could actually see clearly where my oily areas are, which I think is a good thing because that means it is cleaning pretty deep. I just don't know if it is pulling too much oil. After all, we do need some oils to keep a healthy glow in our skin. I made sure to moisturize afterwards. 

I woke up feeling great. I felt like my skin actually felt really good. I was impressed. I definitely admit that I enjoyed it. I; however, am scared to use it every night because I do have sensitive skin. I worry that it may pull too much from my skin and cause me to get dry, to break out, and damage my skin. 

I have known too many people in my life who cleaned their face so much to try and get rid of acne that they actually caused more problems. I do not want to be that person. With that said, I will probably use it every other night for now. Then I will do a full review on the product and see how things change over time. 

Have you tried it? Have you heard of it? I saw that it won some award back in 2007 or 2009. This is the first I have heard of it or seen it. 

Remember, I am on vacation until August 25, so all post are scheduled until then. 

1 comment:

  1. New to the blog! I have looked at this so many times and never bought one! Enjoyed the review, I'm gonna have to actually buy one next time! :)

    http://kandidkristen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!