Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A's favorite snacks {2 years}

When a baby becomes a toddler, a fairly high percentage of their diet is on snacking. I always try to plan what I will have for snack foods in the house and what I will also have for lunch. I plan to do a post on A's favorite lunches at this age, so I can be prepared with E. This post is going to be A's favorite snacks at this point and time. 

A is 2.5 years old. She is our eater. She loves to eat, and she is definitely not picky. If she sees you eating, she wants what you have. This girl will eat anything you give her. And she will even go to the fruit trees and pick stuff to eat, and go in the garden and attempt to pick stuff. She isn't allowed in the garden, so normally I catch her before she attempts but she has succeed before with the tomatoes. 

Anyway, I thought I would list A's top 5 favorite snacks right now. They are in no particular order. Just like with any other child, she changes fairly often. As time goes on, I may update. 

1. Yogurt. A loves yogurt. She has for a while, too. But now she can eat it by herself. She likes flavored yogurt, as well as plain yogurt. And sometimes I even give her fruit to go with it. 

2. Fig Newtons. She has been enjoying herself some Fig Newtons lately. She also likes the strawberry, blueberry, and apple ones. But her favorite are by far the fig ones. 

3. Apple Sauce... or any kind of fruit sauce. We have several fruit trees. We couldn't eat the fruit fast enough, so I decided to make and freeze some apple, pear, and cherry sauce for Baby E could have some when we started her on solids. Well, A decided she was in love. She has eaten the whole stash in the freezer. Now I am having to buy from the grocery store, which is fine. I decided to try her again on the pouches because I thought it would be a great way for her to be on the go and still enjoy her apple sauce. Surprisingly, she loves them. So we buy both, the cup and the pouches. 

4. Cheese Sticks. I have a hard time with this one. A is just like me. She loves, loves, loves cheese. I know it is a good source of calcium, and I know it is healthy when eating properly. But this girl loves cheese beyond no end. If I let her, she would eat a whole bag of string cheese in one sitting. 

5. The last one that I am going to post is one that is generally a given with children this age. It is important for them to have it, and generally each child likes some variety of it. Fruit. A loves fruit. She goes through stages where she will be really into berries, then back to apples, pears, and bananas. Right now, she is loving nectarines. She went through a Clementine phase as well. The only fruit that she hasn't really taken too is watermelon. She loves pineapple and cantaloupe. We give her fruit a lot. Especially during these hot months.One of my favorite ways to eat it is through a salad with a packet of instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding over it! Yum!

That wraps up A's favorite snacks at this time. She loves to eat and her taste buds are always changing. I hope to do more of these just to watch as her taste buds and desires change. I hope you enjoyed this. And I hope it gives you some inspiration to what to give your children as snacks! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!