Friday, June 28, 2013

Uses for Coconut Oil for a Mommy

Since becoming a Mom and wanting to be as natural as possible, coconut oil has been something I have learned about. It is definitely something I have enjoyed using. I have learned its benefits, and I have been able to include it in our lifestyle for many different things. I thought I would share some of our favorite uses for it outside of cooking with it. I am not going to discuss its benefits and such, but if it is recommended I definitely will. But there are so many different articles about it and which kind is best for which use. All located through a google search.



Here are the uses we have used and gotten lots of benefits from:
1. Baby Acne - apply a thin layer onto areas affected with baby acne twice a day until it is gone.
2. Cradle Cap - just rub a teaspoon into scalp daily. Helps moisturize on dry, itchy skin.
3. Diaper Rash Cream - very comforting on a rashy bum with no harsh chemicals. Can also be used as a preventive. Also safe for cloth diapers.
4. Ear Infection - place a few drops inside the ear twice daily for relief of pain. Also fights the infection itself.
5. Teething Pain Reliver - rub directly onto gums of teething babies to ease the pain.6. Bug Bites and Stings - apply directly to a bug bite or sting. It will stop the itching and burning and help the healing process.

1 comment:

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!