Saturday, June 22, 2013

What's in my diaper bag: A day out in Venice and the beach

I thought I would share what I pack on a day out with the girls. This isn't just an "every day run errands" bag. This is a "going out on the town and have no idea when we will be back" bag.

On this day, we spent seven hours in Venice and at the beach.


This is stuff that always stays in my bag.
1. Extra diapers. I always bring 5-6 per child for emergencies. Most of the time we only use 3 per child.
2. Extra nursing pads for Mommy.
3. Extra outfits for each girl. Again, for accidents.
4. Burp cloth bib, and small receiving blanket for E. The receiving blanket is used when we hold her to protect our clothes/shoulders from getting drenched in drool.


This stuff is for the beach.
1. A bathing suit per child.
2. A swim diaper per child.
3. A sun hat per child.
Not pictured: sunglasses.


This is another one where most of this is with me.
In the bag pictured up top, we keep:
1. Aquaphor
2. Diaper rash cream
3. Neosporin
4. Band-aids
5. Hydroskin
6. Saline for their noses
7. Benadryl for bug bites
8. Nail Clippers
9. Epi-pen for A
10. Boogie sucker

Next, in other small handy compartments, we keep:
1. Tissues
2. Sunscreen
3. Hand sanitizer
4. Nipple cream
5. Chapstick
6. Pen and paper
7. Gum - I like to have a couple options.
8. Bug repellent stickers

9. Muslin blanket


Next, also for the beach:
1. Two beach towels
2. Mommy and Daddy's bathing suit
3. Lotion for Mommy

And here it is stuffed!


After zipped up and ready to go.


What do you pack in your bag for a day out on the town and/or beach?

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to remember what I used to keep in the diaper bag when I was a nanny and for the life of me I can't really remember. It will be interesting to see what I take for this baby on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!