Monday, October 21, 2013

Toddlers say the silliest things

I always thought it was incredibly adorable to hear parents talk about the silly things their toddlers say when they begin school or begin to talk more. Here I am with a toddler myself and I find myself replaying conversations and things A says and does that make me giggle. I see many other Mommy Bloggers share their stories, so I thought I would share a few of mine for these past couple of days. Maybe I will share them every so often when new things come about... who knows. But here are some for now.

Mr. Man and I were standing in the living room discussing some things. A was sitting on the couch watching a movie. As Mr. Man and I were about to part ways to do things around the house while we had a second, we kissed. Right as we kissed, A jumped off the couch and ran between us. She said, "That's my kisses!" She grabbed her Daddy's leg and hugged him tight... then started giggling. She is such a Daddy's girl. And of course those are things we say to them.

Today on our way home from school A told me that a friend pushed her on the ground. The kids hug on her and sometimes it knocks her over. I've seen this. I'm sure some kids do push and are more aggressive, but I also don't doubt that many times it is accidents or them being too friendly. I asked her if she asked her friend to please not push her. She said, "No, no, no Mommy. A say 'I don't want to have to give you a wittle spanking." Oh. my. gosh. I about died. So I told her that she doesn't give her friends spankings and she needs to just let them know that she doesn't appreciate them pushing her. When she told me, I was tossed between being in shock and thinking what have I done to laughing because the way she said it was too adorable.

Our adventures with her being school has been very interesting and has had such a great impact. Maybe I should do I post on that.... ?

Definitely. I think I should.

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing momma's talk about things their toddlers say. That's so funny about giving her friend a spanking. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I can't wait to hear what silly things come out of my little guys mouth when he gets older.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!