Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Meal Plan Monday

Now that A is in school for half a day, I have time to ran more errands during the week. This means I can now grocery shop once a week like I was doing before. I go once a week to the commissary for the basics and the American things, then I go once a week for the things off base that I prefer. 

I thought since I am grocery shopping once a week again and couponing that I would start back the weekly meal plans and include a recipe at the end of each week if anyone is interested. 

My plan for meals is that there is always 1 quick meal and 3 crockpot/slow cooker meals. With Mr. Man's new job, he gets home by 5pm and not it gets dark early. By planning crockpot/slow cooker meals, this allows us some family times in the afternoons once Mr. Man gets home from work and A wakes from her afternoon nap. 

Here are our meals for the week of October 28 - November 3, 2013: 

1. Crockpot Pesto Ranch Chicken
2. Crockpot Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup
3. Crockpot Pineapple Glazed Chicken
4. Meatballs and Gravy over Rice
5. Red Beans and Sausage over Rice
6. Baked Chicken Thighs
7. Baked Trout

Of course, these are in particular order. They are never set to any particular day. Each morning I look at my list and decide what will be for dinner that night. Then I also decide for the next night that is the crockpot meal so the meat can be defrosting and I can prep for that as well. Makes life so much easier! 

As always, if there is a recipe you would like me to share, just comment with the name of the recipe and at the end of the week I will share the one with the most requests! :) 

Hope you enjoy!

Do you meal plan? What's your family's favorite meal? 

1 comment:

  1. I meal plan the same way. A list of meals I can make throughout the week. You creamy spinach tortellini soup sounds yummy. As does the red beans and sausage.

    The most popular and easiest meal is Lemon Chicken.

    Whole roasting Chicken
    1-2 whole lemons
    make a paste of: 1 tsp paprika, 2 lg garlic cloves minced, 1 tbsp salt
    rub half the paste on the inside and the other half on the outside. Pierce lemons and put inside the chicken. Put in pan with 2 cups of water and bake at 300 for 30-45 mins per pound.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!