Monday, June 20, 2011

Follow Up - Weight Check

Baby A had her follow up from her 2 month appointment last Thursday. The appointment went well, but the doctor said it could have been better. She weighed in at 8lbs 10oz. The doctor was hoping to see her closer to 9lbs, but that wasn't the case. However, we know she is growing so that's all that matters.

The more time goes by, the more I believe that she is just meant to be a tiny baby. I always knew she would be a small baby. The thing that holds me tight and keeps me content is 1.) her beautiful smile. I really do not think she would be such a happy baby if she was starving all the time. I believe that she would let me know some way, some how. and 2.) her hair. She has a lot of hair. Most babies hair falls out after they are born. However, Baby A's hair is perfectly healthy and still hanging in there. I think if she was not getting the nutrients her body needs, she would start to lose her hair. Maybe I am wrong since many babies lose their hair anyway, but that is something that just recently crossed my mind.

Baby A started sleeping 10 hour nights, so I have decided to wake her in between to get in an extra feeding and also roll her out of bed earlier. This girl is just like her Mommy. She will take sleep over food any day of the week. With this new schedule, it will give her 2 extra feedings a day.

Needless to say, she is still on a great schedule and doing perfectly fine. She is developing very well, and has now found her feet. Of course, she is not grabbing them yet but when she sees them, she thinks they are the funniest thing ever! She moves her head upward to look at things now instead of looking at them from the side. She follows my voice and body with her head more often, and she loves to stand! She has some amazingly strong legs. She is still very active and enjoys kicking and squirming all the time. Most 0-3 month clothes are still too big for her, but newborns are barely hanging on. She juggle between the sizes for now, but at the rate she is growing now, she will be in and out of 3 month clothing in no time.

I have recently got a lot of questions regarding cloth diapering. We are still cloth diapering, and I thought I would do a post to answer everyone's questions. I thought I would let everyone know in case there are others that may be curious, have questions, or considering cloth diapering their own baby. If that is the case, please send me your questions and I will answer them for each of you  in one blog post. Also, I will list the diapers I have and have tried. I have received a lot of questions regarding the type of cloth diaper to use, brand, etc due to the overwhelming options on the market. I thought if anyone was interested, while Baby A is still little and fitting into her newborn diapers, I could do a video style "overview" of whichever ones ya'll are interested in. Please just send your requests, and I will do my best to get to all of them.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!