Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fresh Apply Nut Bread:

Fresh Apple Nut Bread


I make tons and tons of breads during this time of year. My most asked for is my Pumpkin Bread, so I will be sure to share that one with you, too. But for now, this is the one I am baking this weekend for an event, so I thought I would share. 


I got this recipe from one of my grandma's through email when I got married. She loves to cook, and always sends me recipes! I hope you enjoy. 


Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 50 minutes





Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons sour cream
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped apples (about 2 medium apples)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Instructions
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Grease and flour a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf baking pan.
Step 3: In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Step 4: Add eggs and vanilla, and sour cream and mix well.
Step 5: In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Step 6: Add flour mixture, a small amount at a time, to the wet mixture and stir until combined.
Step 7: Stir in chopped apples and nuts, if desired. Batter will be thick.
Step 8: Pour into a greased baking pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until done.

**To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf 5 minutes before baking time is over. When a toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.

You can also visually check if the quick bread is done by looking for a nice medium brown color and also checking that the bread has pulled away from the edges of the baking pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!