Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog Award/Tag You're It #2

Normally, I am behind on thanking people for the awards and sharing the love; however, this time I told myself I would not let that happen. To make sure of it, I am posting the two things in one post to guarantee I do not forget!

First, I recently received a blog award from Jenn At Chances Im Taking. If you have not checked out her blog, you should. She is the one that started up the (Mil)ing It Over, and she is absolutely amazing!

The award is:
 The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. List 3 things you love about yourself.
3. Post a picture you love.
4. Pass it on.

List of 3 things I love about myself.
1. My determination to stay healthy and fit while still enjoying food.

2. I get a lot of compliments on my eyes and my smile, and I do not think they look so bad either.

3. Since my "Pouch" is a part of me, I love him/her! My "Pouch" is my baby bump that is not fully a baby bump yet. It just sounds better than pooch.

A picture I love:
Realisticly, there are a ton of pictures that I love. Every picture that I show on my blog is a picture that I adore. I thought I would show you one that you have not seen before. This one is Mr. Man was he was deployed to Qatar. Remember, that 6 month deployment that turned in to almost 8. Yea, that one! :)

Now, to pass it on. I am going to be slightly rebellious, and tell you that if you have not received this award, it's all yours now! Most of the people I follow have already received it, so I will try and spread the love elsewhere.

The next thing is that I got Tagged once again. This time from Staci at The Crafty Military Wife. The way this works is she listed 8 questions for me to answer. Then I pass it on to 8 fellow bloggers and list 8 questions for them to answer. Since I already did this once, I am going to just answer the questions. However, if you want to play along, I will list 8 questions for you to keep it going if you want!

Her Questions to Me:
1. Where do you picture yourself in 5 years? In 5 years, I will be 27. In 5 years, I will have a 4 year old. In 5 years, I have no idea where in the world we will be located, how many deployments and TDYs we will have gone through. But I can tell you some of the places I would like my future to have. I would like to have completed my Bachelor's with majority of my Master's done. I would like to have a job if I am in the states. I would like to have at least one other child. I also would like to still be a gym-aholic and still have passion for health and fitness. Other than that, I have no idea what else would be there.

2. What would you do if you won the lottery? I would pay off our house in Texas. I would pay off my student loans and pay cash for the rest of my schooling. I would put some aside for our retirement. Another big chunk for our children's futures. I would put down a down payment on two new cars since we will need to purchase new cars soon.

3. What is your favorite season? My favorite season has always been fall. I have always enjoyed cool weather and the colors of everything changing. Here in the UK, it is 100 times prettier. I also love the winters here. They are very pretty, and like I said before, I love cold weather.

4. What is your favorite sport, if any? I enjoy playing softball and basketball. I miss softball way more, though. Hopefully one weekend before I get too big, we can hit the batting cages one last time. I miss cheerleading, but some do not consider that a sport. But I can not wait until we have a little girl and I can push here in that category (if she enjoys/wants it). I like watching football and ice hockey in person, and I enjoy watching fighting on TV. I really enjoy sports.

5. Do you have any pets? Yes, I do! If you read my blog, you know I do! His name is Buttons Harley, and he is a Miniature Schnauzer. He steals everyone's hearts, and is so very sweet, cuddly, and obedient. We just recently taught him "no kids in the kitchen" rule. We do not even put up a gate or anything. He just lays at the kitchen entrance and watches us. Totally content. 


6. Where is one place you hope to go in your lifetime? Places I would really like to travel is Italy, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Wales, Spain, Belgium, Greece, and Egypt. France if we have the extra time, and Jamaica at some point later on. In two weeks, we are going to Wales. In November, we are going to Ireland. In December/January, we are hoping to go to Germany. We have travelled a lot around the UK, too. My biggest place in life that I would like to go is.... making a difference, being successful, and achieving all that I have ever dreamed of.

7. Can you describe your dream home? Not really, but I will try. We want an Acadian Style house that we designed and had built. It must have at least 4 bedrooms with 2 or 3 full bathrooms and 1 bathroom with just a toilet and sink close to the front door for all those times Mr. Man comes in the door all muddy and stinky from fishing and hunting. I would like a lot of land for animals, maybe a pond. Maybe an outside pool, maybe not. If you can not tell, I am "iffy" on a lot of things, but I have plenty of time to decide! 12 more years, at least.

8. Do you have any blogging secrets or tips to share? I do not have any secrets or tips. I wish I did, but sadly I blog strictly about my life and the things surrounding me. But you have any tips, feel free to share!

Like I said before, this game is fun and it is interesting to see what other people have to say. So if you want to play, just leave a comment going to your blog where you answered my questions, so I can read what you had to say.

My Questions to You:
1. What is your favorite color and why?
2. What is your definition of dressing up? Give an example of one of your outfits you would choose.
3. What is your favorite snack food?
4. If you have children, what is your fondest memory of them? If no children, how about your pet? If no pet, how about your spouse? If no spouse, I give up!
5. If you could get a degree in anything (money and time was not an issue), what would you choose?
6. Do you like seafood? If you have never tried a type of seafood, would you if someone swore it was yummy?
7. Do you recycle? Do you wish it was more convenient to recycle (speaking of stateside)?
8. What is one piece of advice you would share with your kids, family, or close friends that you have learned in your life thus far?

I hope you have loads of fun. Don't forget - if you decide to play along, please let me know so I can go read your answers!

2 comments:

  1. interesting questions. Great way to get know your friends.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!