Monday, July 11, 2011

Recipe: Black Magic Cake


Recently, I was on the hunt for a simple dessert that I could take to a gathering. I was suppose to bring a dessert, and for me.... I do not make many desserts. Different recipe sites became my best friend. I came across this one. I just had to make it because of it's name. All the reviews were 5 stars and family tested and approved. I thought I had to give it a go. 


I actually had never made a homemade cake before. Normally I do cookies, cobblers, pies, etc. Never a cake. I have also never done a homemade frosting. This recipe is super easy and delicious. Many people raved over it and asked for the recipe.... when I had to confess that I found it "somewhere" online. Here is the saved document to my computer, and I wish I could show you where it came from but I can't remember. However, if you google the name of it, different variations will come up! I hope you enjoy!

And I must add, before you freak out over the addition of coffee in it. You can NOT taste the coffee at all. I hate coffee and I can always smell it and taste it from a mile away. Not this time! 


Ingredients

1 3/4 call purpose flour
2 csugar
3/4 ccocoa powder
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspsalt
2eggs
1 cstrong black coffee, cooled
1 cbuttermilk
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 tspreal vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2 cmargarine, softened
2 ozmelted unsweetened chocolate, cooled
3 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspmilk
2 tspreal vanilla extract

Directions:

 Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
 Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
 Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin.
 Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
 Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
 Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer. Spread frosting on cooled cakes.



3 comments:

  1. I think I saw this same recipe recently on the "Just A Pinch" site. Is that perhaps where you found it, too? It is a super site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow. I am now following you too! Have a great day! :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I'll have to try it soon. I love finding new and different recipes. Following you via GFC from the I Love Blogging Hop. Would love a visit back at Life or Something Like It. http://thebartonlife-est1995.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!