Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our New Crazy Year Has Begun!

It looks like our busy year has officially kicked off. By that I mean the numerous appointments, TDYs, deployment, school, work, birth, re-enlistment, extension/PSCing.... and the list goes on and on.

We knew entering this year we would need to make numerous decisions about our life and some things would happen that we have no control over. It looks like God gave us a month of freedom before it all kicks off!

Here is where it all begins. Our new life, the new chapter in our life is about to kick off. The first stop is all of our classes before the baby is born. We have one in the beginning of February, and another in the beginning of March. Soon after the first class, Mr. Man will be heading to Germany for a couple of weeks for some preparation for his upcoming deployment. Once he gets back, it will be just in time for our maternity pictures session. Then we will go to our Labor and Delivery tour in March, and just a couple of weeks later Baby A will be with us! From there, my Mom and brother plans on coming up to visit for a couple of weeks in the beginning of April. My Dad and Memaw plan on coming to visit in the beginning of May for a couple of weeks. Somewhere in here Mr. Man's family may come if they get the opportunity. During all of this time, we will need to get all the paperwork for the baby going as far as Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Passport and Visas. Lots to be done BEFORE Mr. Man leaves. Once June comes around, Mr. Man will be gone on his deployment. He will be gone for 4 months-ish. During that time, I will be doubling up on school (hopefully) and keeping up with our baby girl and Mr. Buttons.

This is where it gets tricky. Mr. Man is up for re-enlistment. Our DEROS is August 2012. However, we are trying to stay here for another tour, which is 4 years. Mr. Man has put in for that this week, and we will have to wait several months to see whether or not it gets approved or denied. While Mr. Man is gone, before he leaves, or immediately after he gets back he will  need to re-enlist. Once he gets back, we will have less than a year of this tour and hopefully we can get some traveling in with our baby girl so she can see the world just like we have had the opportunity to do. If we get approved to stay here for another tour, then that will be great. But if not, then we will  be planning for another PCS. Another PCS with our pup and a child. It will be interesting for sure!

From here on out, I will need to do some observation hours and start student teaching. Something that I have to take on in order to finish my degree. This means Baby A will be needing a sitter for some short hours... and the CDC is not an option! So soon after she is born, I will have to find her a temporary sitter so I can do a few hours in the schools during the week. I also want to get back into shape as soon as the doctor releases me, so I have considered finding her a sitter for a couple hours 1 or 2 days a week so I can go to the adult gym. However, we have a gym on this base that I know I can take her with me with no problem, so that is what I will do the majority of the time. But working out, getting out a couple of hours once a week without her may prepare me for having to leave her a few hours 2 or 3 times a week... and slowly fade in to full time.

Life is so busy. And I feel it will only get busier, but I can not wait to accomplish all of this. Tackle it like it was nothing. I have not yet got stressed about any of it or fearful of any of it. That's not worth it. I am actually looking forward to it. Looking forward to becoming a stronger, more independent family with our new addition.

This is going to be such an exciting year. There will be ups and downs, but all of it will be worth it. All of it will go in our little book of memories. Memories that will last a lifetime.

4 comments:

  1. I love your outlook on it all and I hope it all goes as planned : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You ARE busy. Sounds like you have all under control though.
    I'm from Lafayette, LA and happened upon your blog some time ago. We're also military (US Army) and are living in Alaska. http://wefourexplorers.blogspot.com/ if you want to visit. (I have your button on my blog, btw)
    Take care!
    J~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with everything, you can do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it. Make sure you enjoy it! That is the one thing everyone will tell how fast it goes... but there's no explaining it! It's like super warp speed! And don't you just love the variables of military life?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!