Friday, December 6, 2013

Holly Jolly Holiday Tag

Learn a little about me during this holiday season. Here's another tag, and I really enjoy reading and hearing other people's stories about their lives and memories. I also find that these are a great way to get to know a person behind any blog. So if you are reading this and you want to participate, I tag you. Be sure to let me know that you did this tag so I can go read your answers! 


1. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story. It has even become A's favorite movie in the last couple of weeks, and all by her choosing!

2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
I would say that I am on the nice list. I'm sure I had my naughty moments, but who hasn't right?

3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas Card photo!
Growing up, we didn't do pictures in the cards. I couldn't tell you the last time my family took a family photo to put on a Christmas card. Mr. Man and I did start doing this for several years when we got married, but once the kids came along it became about them. We do have an old Christmas card where our last name was spent wrong by the company who had them printed. That's the most embarrassing that it gets.

4. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes, I have had a few within the last few years. Last year it snowed the day before Christmas and on Christmas. I felt like it was so magical for A. She loves the snow!

5. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
We always spend the holidays at our own home. Since the first year we were married, we started our own traditions. The second year of our marriage when Mr. Man was on his first deployment, I did drive the several hours home to be with family so I wouldn't have to spend it alone.

6. Play or Sing your favorite Christmas Song!
I'm singing, can you hear me? haha :) You realy don't want to hear me sing... and I don't play a musical instrument. I wish I did, though.

7. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Growing up, we did. We went to my Dad's side of the family and we drew names and got gifts. But now that we have our own family, I have started our own tradition. Family Christmas pajamas every year, then I will put in either a game, some hot cocoa mugs, a movie, activity book, a  book about Christmas, or something of that sort. But it wil always be an activity that we can enjoy together. Whether it is watching a movie, playing a game, drinking hot cocoa, making smores, etc.

8. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
To be honest, I don't think so. Let me try... Rudolf, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Vixen, Dancer, Prancer... How many are there?

9. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
This year I am looking forward to waking up Christmas morning and seeing the girls get excited to see all the wonderful gifts that we and their families have gathered for them. A is finally old enough to understand, and this will be the first year where she can actually open her own gifts. I think it will be great!

10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Our family one is real. The ones in each of the girls' rooms are fake. Growing up, we always had real trees. I love the smell of them and I still get that magical excitement every morning when I wake up and smell it then see it.

11. Hands down, what's your all-time favorite holiday food and holiday sweet treat?
To be honest, I enjoy just about all of it. I miss having the seafood gumbo every Christmas Eve, but I love just about everything that comes with the holiday feasts.

12. Be Honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I really enjoy giving. Mr. Man and I stopped getting each other gifts several years ago, but this year I felt like we needed to have a couple of things for us, too. Generally, we buy for everyone except ourselves. We always adopt other children and donate toys to charities. We have also adopted Seniors and pets.

13. Show us your tackiest Christmas attire (ex: Ugly Sweater)
I don't have anything tacky. I'm a pretty plain person.

14. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Hands down, Walt Disney World!

15. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make?
No... A helps me make the baked goods for the Airmen Cookie Drive every year, but that's about it.

16. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I'm a failure. Definitely. Mr. Man is actually pretty good, but he doesn't have the little patience it takes, lol :)

17. Most memorable Holiday moment?
One of my favorite memories of this time of year was decorating our bunk beds with Christmas lights with my younger brother. It was just a special moment. We were really close for being 5 years apart. Even though I knew that Santa wasn't real, he still believed and I always wanted to make it magical for him.

18. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I really don't know when I learned the truth about Santa. I don't know when or how. I couldn't even tell you how old I was. I just think it was something that came with age for me.

19. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I have never made a New Years Resolution.

20. What makes the Holidays special for you?
Being with family, watching our girls get excited over all things Christmas, being able to do things with them and for them. Baking, decorating, picking out a Christmas tree, letting them pick out gifts for other kids, watching them help donate their old toys, sharing our memories and making new ones with them. It's all fun and enjoyable. It makes it all special to me because we are all we have since we live so far from home. 

Do you have any special traditions? Favorite memories? Maybe a tacky sweater? I WANT TO SEE AND HEAR ALL ABOUT IT! 

2 comments:

  1. Well you know I 'll join in...lol. The post is scheduled. All the talks of your cajun food make me want the recipes!!! Seafood gumbo sounds delicious. We have tried a few from places around the post and in NOLA but nothing beats a good family recipe.

    One of my favorite Christmas' mornings I took the train into the city, got a hot chocolate and just walked around in the snow. It was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in! Keep an eye out tomorrow for my answers :)

    Samantha
    AModernNavyWife.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!