Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire (Linky)

I decided to join the linky party by Fabulous in First. It's a simple questionnaire about Christmas traditions, and I love reading everyone's traditions so I thought I would share too.



1. Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
To be honest, I have only had eggnog once. I don't remember much about it. I do remembering liking it, but I don't think I would ever choose it over hot chocolate. 

2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa definitely wraps the presents. If it is a big or awkward shaped gift, even one that we want assembled before they open it (like a bike), we don't wrap and just tie ribbon or place a bow on it. 

3. Colored lights or white?
I really like both. They each have their own purpose. I prefer the white lights on a tree, but the colors love seeing the colored lights and watch them flashing... so does my husband. Therefore, colored lights win. Outside lights I prefer colored lights. 

4. When do you decorate?
Growing up, our tradition was the day after Thanksgiving. But since being married, we have started traveling every year for Thanksgiving because it is a 4 day weekend. Now, we decorate a week after Thanksgiving. 

5. Real or Fake tree?
We always have a real tree. The girls get their own fake tree to put up and decorate every year. Our wreaths are also always fake. 

6. Favorite Christmas memories or traditions?
Really, waking up to the magical thought and excitement of Christmas always makes a favorite memory. The girls now are here, and it is about them. I love seeing their faces light up and getting excited over what they see on Christmas morning. My favorite tradition is the night before Christmas. We open one gift. In that gift is stuff for the family as a whole. It always includes pajamas. But it also includes a game, a movie, a book, or a festive activity (like a hot cocoa set or s'mores set). 

7. Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
The answer is no. I remember waking up and opening lots and lots of presents. I was always thankful for them. Then we would head over to my grandparents house and open even more, probably more than Santa even left. I was always happy with what I received. However, the one Christmas that sticks out the most was also my last Christmas in my mother's home. I was in high school, a senior. My Mom gave my sister and myself $1,500 each to go shopping with the day after Christmas. That was my sister and I's tradition that I always looked forward to. 

8. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
The season is about giving. I enjoy seeing people's reactions to the thought of someone else taking the time to buy or make them a gift. 

9. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I love Christmas music in general. I don't really think I have a favorite, but Jingle Bell Rock is one that I place great memories with. 

10. Candy Canes. Yuck or yum?
I really enjoy candy canes. Mostly the traditional ones, but occasionally I will eat another type. I really enjoy baking with them more than snacking on them.

11.  Favorite Christmas Movie?
Mr. Man and I's tradition was to watch A Christmas Story every Christmas Eve. This year A started watching it in October. She found it in the DVD case and hasn't stopped since. That is our family favorite movie. 

12. Do you shop online or at stores?
I mostly shop online for convenience reasons. I will browse some stores, but living overseas really makes it hard to find what I want in the local stores. I shop Amazon, Old Navy, Kohls, Walmart, Target mostly. 

13. Photo Cards, Letters, or Store Bought Cards?
I send out photo cards. I also love receiving photo cards as well. It is fun to see the family and their children - how they have grown over the year and so on. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!