Thursday, December 30, 2010

I am such a...

I am such a slacker. Like a big fat slacker! I apologize.

So nothing much has been going on here other than the usual. Mr. Man has been off work, and it has been so nice to have some down time with him. We were suppose to go to Scotland over the holidys; however, the weather was too bad to drive and even public transportation was stopped. We just decided not to risk it and stay home. We had a good holidays even though we were unprepared. We did not do gifts other than a couple of small things, which is enough for the both of us. I got a griddle/grill pan, which I have been wanting. It's an extremely nice one, and I am already addicted to it. Mr. Man got himself a pepper cracker (he wanted it), some clothes, a PS3 Blu-Ray Player remote, and some rubber boots (he wanted). I did also get some men's sweatpants (I wanted). Together we got Donkey Kong Returns on the Wii, which is amazing!! Our Christmas gifts sound pathetic, but it was all things we needed or wanted so we were happy.

We have been taking our baby boy, Mr. Buttons, for walks a lot. Since Mr. Man is off, we have not been going to the gym. So instead we go for long walks with our boy. It allows him the time to act like a puppy, and us time to get in some exercise.

We have played lots of Wii. We finished getting all the secrets in Super Mario on the Wii and started on Donkey Kong. Right now, we are just playing Donkey Kong, then we will go back for all the secrets and such. We both have been working out on the Wii Fit Plus, too. That game is so much fun. I love the snowball game and the platform game where you run and jump over logs and stuff. It's so fun and such a workout.

As far as the pregnancy goes, I am 26.5 weeks now. Some days I feel like I am growing so much, but others I feel like I am shrinking. She moves around so much more and we can see her from the outside. It's quite amazing. She loves to play fight with her Daddy already. It's too cute. No matter wear he drapes his arm over me or how our skin is touching, she goes bonkers and starts kicking him. He felt her roll around for the first time the other day. His reaction was priceless. He said, "What in the world was that?!" I had to explain to him that it was her all over the place! We laughed so hard about it. He has also finally been able to see her kick and move from the outside, which was hard since he was not home when she moved the most. He always cringes and asks me if it hurts or what it feels like. She likes to keep her feet up in my ribs, especially when I sit down. I have a short torso, so it is just enough for me to get achy when I sit for too long. I am most comfortable sleeping on my left side, which is great since that is the side I need to be on. I have not had much trouble sleeping at night either. There has been a couple of times where I have had hot flashes or just couldn't get comfortable, but once I was asleep, I was out. There has also been a few nights were I have woken up 4+ times to use the bathroom, but it has not been consistent at all. I think it just depends on her moments. Last night, I woke up 6 times in the night to use the bathroom and every single time she was bouncing around, so I think she was using my bladder as a trampoline. Milk and watermelon (not together) are amazing. I have to be careful with milk since I am borderlined lactose intolerant, but it is still so yummy. For a while, I was on a sugary cereal kick, but most of my sweet cravings lasted for 2 weeks or so. Sweets are yuck for me unless they have peanut butter. No aversions. The last doctor's appointment I was 16 pounds from where I started. I thought it was worse, so I was happy when she told me that. But truthfully, there really isn't much more I can do to not gain the weight anyway because I am being healthy about it and I am enjoying it. I am also still working out, so unless I was to put myself on a strict diet (which I would never do) I think the weight I gain is the weight I will gain. I went in for another appointment a couple of days later, and the nurse told me that I should gain a few more pounds of fat to help with the pressure. But I have no pain from the pressure, so I was like, "No, thank you." She seems to think since I am so small that I need to add some extra room for the baby, which is a great thought if the pressure from her was causing problems. She's not at all. I have had no back problems, no hip problems, nothing. I am blessed. Now, to say it will never happen, yea right. I'm sure my day is coming. Really, nothing else going on. Nothing with the chest, no leakage, no nothing.

As far as her nursery, we got the bedding in. We got some decorations in. I ordered her some bows, snow boots, headbands, hats, blocks, and other accessories for our maternity pictures. My Mom got Mr. Buttons an adorable shirt that says, "I'm the big brother." He will wear it when I come home from the hospital and for the newborn pictures. My Mom also got Mr. Man a shirt that says, "Hi, I'm Dada." Same for that. He wants to wear it when the baby is born, and he will take a few pictures with her and him in the shirt. My Mom has bought her some adorable dresses. They are so cute. Her Pawpaw (Mr. Man's Dad) bought her some baby crocs. Might I add I hate crocs. Not that I hate them, but I refuse to wear them. They seem redneckish to me. Anyway, when I saw these, I immediately "awwed" over them for like 2 or 3 days. I thought they were so precious. I immediately called my little brother and told him and told him he must get her a matching camo outfit! Typical.

We do take the time to sit in the room and enjoy the sight every couple of nights. It's nice. It's nice because I am nesting so bad. I think about the future. I worry about the future. And I dream of the future happening now. Sitting and daydreaming and discussing things about life with her is amazing. And it makes it more realistic when we are in her room.

Tomorrow we are going over to some friends how to bring in the New Year. They asked if we would go help them move some things, so we of course said we would. Then they decided they were going to BBQ and let the kids play and asked us to bring Buttons for them. So that's our plans. We will bring in the New Year with them, and then head home. Saturday, we may go do some shopping, may go sightseeing, may sleep in, may play Wii all day. We have no idea. We just know that Mr. Man goes back to work on Monday. Boo hoo. On Sunday, I am going meet a friend and we are going to make up some of my announcement and Thank You cards. And Tuesday I start back at school. This time in a different program, only 5 weeks long.

Oh, I never told you guys that I am officially a Graduate of Axia College (University of Phoenix). I graduated officially Decemeber 19th. All A's, and still accepted into the new excellence program that allows me to finish earlier if I choose. I start that January 4th. Hoping to get some classes and progression tests in before Baby A gets here. Hopefully, get some observation hours in, too. Whatever happens, happens.

Also, I have decided for sure we are cloth diapering. I just kept reading and researching and decided it is what I want to do. Since I will be a stay-at-home Mom for the duration of our time here, which is until Baby A is 1.5 years old I thought I should do it and make the most out of it. Then it will be easier for the next one when I have to work and such. I started my stash last month, and I can not wait to try them out. Mr. Man is somewhat on board. He's afraid of cleaning the poopy diapers, but I think it will come with time since he never changed a poopy diaper in his life anyway. He has changed two diapers in his entire life actually. The first one being his Godchild on my side. The second being when he was kind of stuck in the situation when we doing some volunteering. In the end, it worked out. I know he will do great, and it will take some time for it to come for him. Once he (and I) learn the tricks behind it all, we will do perfectly fine.

So that is that. School is amazing, exciting! Life is a blessing. God works wonders!

So until next time, I hope everyone has a Happy and Blessed New Year!

4 comments:

  1. That is so exciting about the pregnancy. I am a big future planner also! I have my life planned everyday for the next ten years it seems like sometimes! I am a new follower, my blog is nursingstudentandwife.blogspot.com if your interested.

    Congratulations for graduating, what are you majoring in?

    Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nested so bad with both kids:) If I'd had a girl it would have gotten ridiculous, I'm sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it sounds like you guys have been busy having lots of fun! I can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy Busy Mama. Sounds like everything is coming together! I can't wait to see the pictures of the nursery and of your guys in their bring baby home shirts. I like you were every against crocs however I noticed that with the girl I nannied for they were amazing for potty training!!! It totally sucks to have to clean fabric kid shoes when you can easily toss the crocs in a bleach water solution to sanitize them. About 3 weeks of wearing them she was good to go and we just tossed them. Saved me so many times.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!