Thursday, January 2, 2014

Decorating for Christmas:

I'm going to back track some since it has been a while since I blogged. I really just want to document this past holiday season, so I will start with where I left off and never got the chance to write about. Once Mr. Man had gotten off of work, it became family time and strictly our break away from the everyday things we do. For me, this included the blog also because I wanted to spend every second with the girls and Mr. Man. We've had a lot of fun. We've had an amazing Christmas, and our New Year is looking bright too!

At the beginning of December, we made the decision to allow A to have her own little Christmas tree in her bed room. We were having a hard time finding the time to grab a tree because we always use a real one. The hours to pick one up and the struggles to tie it on the top of the car to drive to the house is really always time consuming and causes us to put a tree up only a week or two before Christmas. Always a bummer....

This year A put up two Christmas trees at school. She loved it and constantly told me she wanted one at our house. Since we had a prelit 3 feet tree that is never used anymore, we decided to pull it out and let it be her's until we could get the family tree. This turned out to be the most amazing idea ever.

She spent an hour one day putting it together and decorating it. Her own little Christmas tree in her room, on her bed side table, that soon turned into her lamp.

She used the base as a hat.

Helped Mr. Man fluff the tree.

What it looked like in her room.

She saw me taking pictures and went and grabbed her camera to take her own.

i
E and myself just hung out and watched the fun.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cute idea. I was looking for a small one myself for Bear's room but I couldn't find one I liked.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!