Thursday, July 4, 2013

More kids = More Paranoia

Today I decided to take Baby E in to get checked for an ear infection. I always hate being that parent that sends their child to the doctor for no good reason. Even though it is a good reason, I always feel so silly to go to the doctor for something I think is wrong and only to be told that there is nothing wrong. In the end, it is always a relief and I would rather be safe than sorry.

Today was that day for me. I had been paranoid about E possibly having an ear infection. There was no signs of anything serious, but she had been rubbing her ears often enough and waking more often in the night. During the day, she would stay attached to me and rarely give me time off. She wouldn't even let me put her down when she would fall asleep for her naps. I had been having trouble with pressure in my ears. Then A started telling me her ear hurt. Then this morning Mr. Man also said his ear hurt. All this pushed me to go ahead and take the plunge because the more I heard about it, the more concerned and worried I got. I just wanted to nip it while I could. The sooner, the better. 

Not only was I worried about her ears, but I always was worried about two other things. Both that will probably sound so silly and ridiculous. One was her nipple. I thought she may have an inverted nipple because one was bulging upward a bit more than the other. It also felt firmer. As most of you parents know, it is normal for them to have tissue under their nipples, just as we do as grown adults. Once was just more noticeable than the other. Doctor confirmed it was normal. 

The second thing was we found a bump on the back of her head parallel to her ear. It was only on one side. I also addressed this at the doctor's appointment. Again, it was just a lymph node. Completely normal in most babies.

But now I sit back and realize how worrisome I have actually become as a parent. I was afraid of labor and delivery the second go around. I am now paranoid about her getting sick (even though A has never been sick). And I am paranoid about all these small things I keep finding on her when I never addressed any of them with A even though I found random things. I always just assumed they were normal or waited until her next appointment to address it. 

Is it true that the more kids you have the more paranoid and worrisome you become? I'm starting to find that to be true with myself. 

But really worries me (lol) is that we do want more children. I don't think we will stop at 2. So is this something I have to look forward to?

I can't be the only one. Or maybe I am nuts?

LOL! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I am ultra paranoid about my little guy. At first I thought it was just because he is a preemie but really I think I will be this way with the next... who knows, i could be worse with the next.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!