Friday, March 26, 2010

Another Week Has Passed

This week is the week of finals, and as I was approaching this week, I started to get really nervous about what would be arriving soon in my life. Since I am taking so many classes this term, I knew that this week would be hectic along with the following week. Next week, I am going to be a "live-in nanny" for one of my friends.

As I was signing up for classes for this passed term, I kept telling myself, "Just think, whenever these classes end, Wiley will be home really soon after that." What amazes me is now that this time is finally here, I have no idea what to do with myself. I am so excited and can't wait to have Wiley back home with me. This term has been so so busy, and I haven't had the time to stop and breathe much. I am having a hard time realizing that he will be home sooner rather than later. I just feel like he left just a couple of days ago. I could be feeling like that since our last deployment together was double the time of this one, but I do wish sometimes that I would have or had my moments of grieving wondering when he would be back. Yes, I have down days where all I think about his him and have a harder time staying focused on school. But majority of the time, I am still happy, bubbly me... or stressed, busy, gotta get this done now. Never in the middle. Never have time to sit back and relax, then become sad. I am SOOO excited that this whole experience has been so different from the last one. A whole new experience, a whole new level of life is about to come into our lives without us even realizing it. So BYE BYE finals... and Hello, almost done with deployment!

So you are asking about this whole "live-in nanny" thing? Well a friend of mine, actually Wiley's First Shirt, our neighbor, asked me for a favor. Her husband made Master and has been TDY for his schooling/training for it. She has her sister's wedding to go to. She is in it and everything, so she asked if I would watch the kids for a few days until her husband got back. Of course, I said yes! The kids are well behaved, and I enjoy their company. It will be an adventure in itself. I will be in school, so I will get to experience what it is like to be a full time student and a Mom. It will be interesting, but I really am blessed to be able to have this opportunity to see how I will handle it. The kids are ages 12, 8, and 4. Girl, boy, girl! The 12 and 8 year old will be in school, but the 4 year old will be home with me all day everyday. I am actually fairly excited about it. Buttons will get to play with Molly (their dog). It's a win-win situation. Not to mention, it will help time fly by really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!