Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Memories: Bad Weather

This morning we had an awful thunderstorm. It was lightning real bad and we could see it through our shutters even though they were closed. The thunder was extremely loud. It has been a long time since Wiley and I experienced something like that since England doesn't have much of that. Arianna slept all night until this started happening, which was about 4:50am. Wiley was awake getting ready for w
ork, so when she woke up I just brought her to our room with me. We laid there while we watched and listened. The lights even went out. The funny part was that every time it would lightning, Arianna knew the thunder was coming right after. She would start giggling then would bury her head in my armpit with her bum in the air. I really do think it scared her even though she would laugh about it. She went back to sleep once it calmed down a few minutes later. When she woke up at 9:20am, I had coughed. She thought it was thunder. She did the exact same thing - giggled and buried her head in my armpit with her butt in the air. It was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing, but I tried to explain to her that it was me coughing and not the bad weather. Then she pops her little head up and says, "OH!" like she realized it was me and not the weather. Things like this is what makes being a Mommy so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!