Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Recipe: Pizza Mummies

Since I have had my daughter, I am always looking for fun ideas in the kitchen. I love to cook, and I (of course) love to eat. Even though she is not old enough to have fun with me in the kitchen, I am constantly searching for fun and creative recipes for when she is old enough. I really can not wait for that stage. Even though I absolutely love her as a newborn and infant, I do really look forward to her growing every single day.

I recently found some cute ideas, so I thought I would share them with you (and keep them here for future reference).

Most of these recipes have come from FamilyFun.com. I definitely recommend you check it out if you have not already.

One of my immediate favorites was the Pizza Mummies. It seems so easy, but so much fun for children. Even toddlers could do this... I think.

Ingredients:

  • English muffins
  • Pizza sauce
  • Black olives
  • Scallions
  • Red or green pepper
  • String cheese
Directions:

  1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. For each mummy, spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce onto half of the English muffin. (You can toast it first if you would like.)
  2. Set olive slices in place for the eyes. Add round slices of green onion or bits of green or red pepper for the pupils.
  3. Lay strips of the string cheese across the muffin for the mummy's wrappings.
  4. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the muffin is toasty. 
Pizza Mummies
How easy is that? And how cute is it!!

Don't forget to enter the Baby Swank Giveaway. It ends November 2, 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!