Sunday, December 7, 2014

Recipe: Fruit Salad

The girls love their fruit. If I allowed them to only eat fruit for every meal, they would never object. I found this quick (but healthy) way to make a fruit salad when our favorite fruits aren't in season by using frozen fruits.

Ingredients:
1 small box of instant pudding mix of your choice
4 bags of frozen fruit

I generally use vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix. For the frozen fruits, I generally do 2 bags of mixed berries (the girls' favorite), 1 bag of peaches, and 1 bag of mango. We've done lots of varieties and do I change it up often.

All you do is put the frozen fruit in a bowl. Sprinkle to pudding mix over the top. Cover and place in the refrigerator until thawed.

I generally make let it thaw over night. As the fruits thaw, the juices run causing the pudding and fruit to mix. Before you serve, be sure to mix together until well combined. The pudding and juices make a nice sauce for the fruit.

My girls go through this so fast. I have to portion size for them or they would eat it in one sitting. Most of the time I can get 3-4 days out of it by doing that. Keep refrigerated and covered to hold freshness.

1 comment:

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!! :) Always leave your personal URL for me to send love back!